IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Notice: I have a couple new posts on the previous page too, in case you missed them due to flipping a new page...I didn't want to overwhelm with to many images in one post, so I sorted best I could into groups.

Big Surf. 90 colors.

BigSurf.png.b57707b98cb762c4cc81963020e02d5d.pngGS_BigSurf.xex

Fly by Car. 59 colors.

FlyByCar.png.6fbe882aa42eab81bbbada77862f0f4c.pngGS_FlyByCar.xex

Jet Car. 81 colors.

JetCar.png.2725e302a0be5d67eb46ee9082770a6d.pngGS_JetCar.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 14

See above as well.

Moon Frontier. 59 colors.

MoonFrontier.png.a611243d88400d03e45497f4256442f4.pngGS_MoonFrontier.xex

Industry Planet. Old .xex file, lost and found, no output.png image.

GS_IndustryPlanet.xex

Hydro Car. Another .xex only, output.png image still lost.

GS_Hydrocar.xex

Original image:

via-x-delta-one.png.0f52dbbbd3a3a004939eb3a9f8a9de82.png

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Auto Way. 77 colors.

AutoWay.png.a8c2aec6fd57d206c571888adad36a48.png GS_AutoWay.xex 21.98 kB · 1 download

City Lights. 95 colors.

CityLights.png.722e992822176d749b24f8fda291007a.png GS_CityLights.xex 21.97 kB · 1 download

Future...1960's style. 74 colors.

future1960.png.414d53de19f3892ce3cc43aea427d254.png GS_future1960.xex 22.03 kB · 1 download

Stunned once again by this current set of conversions. As always I wish I had at least one PAL A8.

-SteveS

• Thanks 1

@Gunstar   Keep em coming - love em all :)

Edit:

Here are Altirra clipboard images of those two above which are great:

Industryplanet  (great conversion the likes of which would be amazing in an A8 graphical novel adventure game IMHO - going in my fav folder for sure:D)

image.thumb.png.affc3fe142faf7427bab5d3148076279.png

Hydrocar:

image.thumb.png.618a7203e64a582a1f4c3a3d33564315.png

I am gonna create a slideshow of these for my personal use, but can share when I am done if you like?

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, I think I've been completely satisfied with my conversions maybe 10 times out of all that I've done...I don't even recall. 100-300? Being a perfectionist I'm always afraid I'm not up to par with @drpeter or @amarok and others and half the time my next conversion I'm trying to make up for sub-par conversions the previous time.

Walk This Way. 59 colors.

WalkThisWay.png.78145917b33047f8e4ab462a1b0242a6.pngGS_WalkThisWay.xex

• Like 13

This conversion I was on the fence about posting. It's what artist's refer to as a "Monet*" (A famous impressionism artist, if you aren't familiar with the name. Also a term my fraternity brothers and I often used referring to some women, back in the day); it looks fantastic from a distance, but get too close and it just looks a mess. One of the traits of much of impressionism/impressionistic art. Of course we all know that due to the Atari's resolution that could theoretically be said about a lot of Rasta conversions, but it seems more extreme in this case to me. becoming a pixelated mess at full screen if your monitor is directly in front of you. But if you stand back from the monitor or viewed in a thumbnail it looks great. Plus it's got 103 colors, which is always cool to see since the average Rasta conversion is about 64 colors out of the 128 color palette. (Actually, with PAL conversions it's only 120 color palette since one Atari palette color and it's 8 shades is missing and another is doubled with PAL)

Sunset Cottage. 103 colors.

SunsetCottage.png.adf66ab8b4bc3d419c0c67d86e52a782.pngGS_SunsetCottage.xex 

*The original source image is not a work by the artist Monet. As per usual for images I pull from a Google search, no name of artist or art title was given, the file just having an algorithmic alpha-numeric file name. But I am, familiar with Monet's work and am certain it's not his, nor even impressionistic in form, but leaning more toward realism.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 12

15 hours ago, thank you said:

I'm not a car guy, but i am drawn to these lower-color conversions (and the twin cockpits if i'm being honest lol).

I wouldn't have converted the image if the car didn't have the twin cockpits.;)

Edited by Gunstar

9 hours ago, Albert said:

More science fiction space scenes please.  :D  Where is that Space Station Chaos-1 image from?  Almost looks like an old book cover.

..Al

Really? Again with the "where is it from?" As per usual, it's from the internet! I have no clue 90% of the time; I type in a subject matter on Google, hit return and then click on "images" at the top and scroll through...most file's names are random alpha-numeric characters when I save the image. I then just make up my own titles.

However, in this case the file name, among other characters, did have a legible 'SpaceStationChaos' as part of the file designation. I added the '-1' to make it the name of the space station. That's apparently the name of the original artwork, though I guess you decide if the art's title is the name of the space station, or describing the space station scene. Does it look chaotic to you?

If I ventured a guess, it's some of Bonestell's work. I've posted some of his (giving credit) before. I've also quite a few posted that could be his works but I don't know as he was not the search topic, but some of his art subject matter was related to the search topic. 

When it comes to sci-fi art these days, I find the works done pre-space age to be nostalgically pleasing. The retro-future look. It all had "the future is bright as we expand to the stars" look to them, while more modern stuff, post-space age all seems dystopian or alien threats from a thousand sides and bleak and violent, requiring Hero's to save the day or the world, or mankind. I like hero's that are heroic for bravely exploring and risking all for discovery and knowledge, making a better future for us out there, not because the earth is doomed, but because of the human spirit. 

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1