IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

With increased saturation and line dithering one of the pictures looks much better.

Should I now laugh or cry? ;)

In early threads about "Quantizator" I was proposing the "line dithering" for optimising the A8's capabilities for a better recognition of an image. But it is "better to put emkay on the ignore list" .... I really wonder what's wrong with you....

I give the right and usable proposals and get ignorance..... thanks ;)

Edited by emkay

A mix of gr. 15 and gr. 10 could work well, too.

You then have the penalty, that you have to switch all colour registers from even to odd lines to have the same kind of effect. So typical CPU load is higher and further colour changes of registers difficult to accomplish - unless you keep your four greys for 15 and 10 static (leaving 5 registers for colours).

Further discussions of this kind please in the 'Nothing to see here' - thread. I really don't want to hijack this one. (Or should we start a third one for comparisons?)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the individual colour count there - doesn't look all that high?

The technique no doubt was known, it's just that we had nothing approaching the processing power required to create the product.

Or suitable images for that matter... then again, the ST and Amiga had some photographic quality imagery going early on so maybe mid-80s for the source pics, but 10 years later for PC host to run Rastaconverter quick enough to have a usable solution in under a day.