IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

The pic from Mario is a good effort but loses a lot of it's underworld doom/gloom feel with the luma adjustment.

But it's the weakness of Atari's colour generation here at fault. The higher end of the available lumas have nice small increments where the lower ones have large steps which makes representing anything dark very hard.

Of course though, the Atari's suffering is insignificant compared to any other computer of the time except those few with better palettes such as IIgs and Amiga.

That underworld picture is very hard to do ...

I am going to try to do this picture in my Super 9 DLI mode ... Graphics 9 with about 256 unique colors per 8 scan lines and 136 possible unique color palettes usable. The resolution will be low, but I think I can nail the colors down accurately. It'll be posted in my own Super IRG pix thread so as not to derail things here any. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for this but I didn't know conversions took this long.

:-o :-o :-o

There's a lot of higher priority activities in my life than converting requested pics. Especially on weekends or non working days. :twisted:

Anyway... here are the 1st two pics. My personal opinion: I would prefer my PAL-Machine. The colors looks wrong in my altirra with NTSC-configuration but maybe on real hardware the colors are okay.

post-41320-0-85203700-1447672213_thumb.png post-41320-0-77714100-1447672214_thumb.png

Frosty_OLIVIERN.xex

Winter_OLIVIERN.xex

• Like 3

:-o :-o :-o

There's a lot of higher priority activities in my life than converting requested pics. Especially on weekends or non working days. :twisted:

Anyway... here are the 1st two pics. My personal opinion: I would prefer my PAL-Machine. The colors looks wrong in my altirra with NTSC-configuration but maybe on real hardware the colors are okay.

attachicon.gifFrosty_OLIVIERN.png attachicon.gifWinter_OLIVIERN.png

Sorry, I hope I didn't come across as being rude. I was amused because you posted that one conversion was running four days earlier than my post.

I can't even run conversions with large numbers of iterations on this old single core box. They bring the machine to a crawl.

I've been puzzled by the PAL versions of your executables. They seem to look acceptable in both Altirra and Atari800 each in [EDIT] NTSC mode. However, on my real NTSC 800XL the colors are badly shifted..

I'm looking forward to trying these two NTSC conversions.

Thanks, and again I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

-SteveS

Edited by a8isa1

The snow house looks great but not the river one.

I never did anything using Rasta Converter because my usual stuff goes well with G2F and I'm addicted to think 'How to' and do things myself so I don't know why. Maybe one day I'll get some time to study and try it a little bit but no, now it would be a waste of time for me.

But respect and I usually like all pictures that people post, some are trully amazing.

:thumbsup:

The snow house looks great but not the river one.

I never did anything using Rasta Converter because my usual stuff goes well with G2F and I'm addicted to think 'How to' and do things myself so I don't know why. Maybe one day I'll get some time to study and try it a little bit but no, now it would be a waste of time for me.

But respect and I usually like all pictures that people post, some are trully amazing.

:thumbsup:

I find it helpful to compare converted pictures with originals. I didn't see links to them so I tried Google image search. Below are the returned pictures. I think they are the correct pictures.

Snow river in Sweden

Snowman

BTW, I'm amazed that Google image search was able find the images using screen dumps from an emulator, Atari800, of converted pictures with reduced colors and added dither(s)

Edited by a8isa1