IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

Thank you for the download link.

Although I bought the game on CD, as I did not get it yet I tried to put the downloaded file on CD by using Jiffi but that doesn't work :(

i am afraid I will have to xait for the postman and that the rom file is working with VJ (and possibly the BJL and Skunkboard but I dont have them)

Thank you for the download link.

Although I bought the game on CD, as I did not get it yet I tried to put the downloaded file on CD by using Jiffi but that doesn't work :(

i am afraid I will have to xait for the postman and that the rom file is working with VJ (and possibly the BJL and Skunkboard but I dont have them)

You know you can't use JiFFI's ULS features with ROMs ;-)

lol.

Sorry but thats just funny..

wait actually, no im not sorry. its just funny.

Dude, don't take offense. I'm sure (actually, I know) that some others felt the same after playing. Constructive critic is important if you want to improve. Nobody starts out with the perfect game, I know the games I helped with could also use a ton of polish. It's only by feedback like that that you can learn.

I recently said something negative about one of reboot's games, and they did not take it personal. Neither should you. Just keep it in the back of your head and try to make an even better game next time. :)

• Like 6

Sh3rg: I should know that Jiffi can't allow roms to be burnt on CD but my head is made of wood :D and surprisingly Jiffi detected by itself the adresses (4000 & 4000) letting me believe the .cdi was OK.

So I realize by buying the game I was not only supporting Stormworks but getting the only way to play their cool game on my Jag as I dont want to mod it for the BJL and I didn't bought a Skunkboard as I suppose the rom may works with both of them.

I can have a look at it with Virtual Jag but I defintely prefer to wait for the CD in ly letterbox :)

Wonder what Splat could be...something disgusting like Slime World?

Edited by Felyx

I'm quite bummed on this. I stayed up until 3am waiting and reloading that link. I had to leave at 8am for the doctors appointment. When I got up they were available, but my ride was already here and I had to leave that instant. Sold out by the time I got home. :( I wrote Jeff at 3am when I turned in for the night, explaining I had to go to the hospital in the morning and begging him to set one aside so I could buy it when I got home. 52 minutes later after I was sleeping, he posted them for sale. Got no response to my message. :| sometimes it's just too hard to support the scene I guess. I'm bummed about this all. The whole thing has been one disappointment after another. Jaguar is the new Neo Geo / Ticket Master. Buy it now scalp it later. Big profits. :mad: Maybe a few fans do get a copy, but I think the majority of collectors and fans get little opportunity to grab this stuff anymore.

• Like 3

Ax, you did me a big favour a few years back getting selling me my 2nd skunkboard 2 at a time when they were not easy to come by and when our team was stuck for dev gear. I remember you only charged me something of a token above the price you paid just to cover your efforts when you coudl easily have eBayed it for more. I'll return the favour - if Jeff hasn't already sent the game to me, give him your details and he can send it to you instead. He can keep the additional postage I paid for an International delivery & you & I can sort payment out at some point between ourselves.

I'm quite bummed on this. I stayed up until 3am waiting and reloading that link. I had to leave at 8am for the doctors appointment. When I got up they were available, but my ride was already here and I had to leave that instant. Sold out by the time I got home. :( I wrote Jeff at 3am when I turned in for the night, explaining I had to go to the hospital in the morning and begging him to set one aside so I could buy it when I got home. 52 minutes later after I was sleeping, he posted them for sale. Got no response to my message. :| sometimes it's just too hard to support the scene I guess. I'm bummed about this all. The whole thing has been one disappointment after another. Jaguar is the new Neo Geo / Ticket Master. Buy it now scalp it later. Big profits. :mad: Maybe a few fans do get a copy, but I think the majority of collectors and fans get little opportunity to grab this stuff anymore.

• Like 8

ive checked my PMs here regularly and i dont have anything from you unfortunately. Ive also checked JS2 and have nothing there either... Im not sure why there are lies made and attempts to bash me and make me look like a souless asshole because you didnt get a copy. If you did truely send something, i didnt get it...

If you want i can send SH3s copy to you like he offered since he seems to think we are a bunch of hacks anyhow. i dont think the games have shipped just yet. Ill check with shawn to see if he got a PM from you or not.

Edited by rush6432

Jaguar is the new Neo Geo / Ticket Master. Buy it now scalp it later. Big profits. :mad: Maybe a few fans do get a copy, but I think the majority of collectors and fans get little opportunity to grab this stuff anymore.

i think that the way blackout was released that the majority of the buyers would be fans and collectors and not scalpers... just popped up without any real precision on the release date. limited to 1 copy per person on the first run even. that's harsh that you missed it 3 times in a row i'll give you that.

• Like 1

ive checked my PMs here regularly and i dont have anything from you unfortunately. Ive also checked JS2 and have nothing there either... Im not sure why there are lies made and attempts to bash me and make me look like a souless asshole because you didnt get a copy. If you did truely send something, i didnt get it...

If you want i can send SH3s copy to you like he offered since he seems to think we are a bunch of hacks anyhow. i dont think the games have shipped just yet. Ill check with shawn to see if he got a PM from you or not.

Not trying to make you look like a souless asshole. Sorry about that if you felt that way. I was only disappointed about missing out on the game. I wrote using the pull down menu on your website. I appreciate your making the game at all. Don't let my disappointment in trying to get one make you think I'm ragging on you as a person. I get enough of that in my own life and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

• Like 1

Not singling anyone out here but I could stay here all day and feel like I somehow need to defend myself, we cant please everyone and that is never our intention.

I wish I had nothing but time to appease anyone that beckons, gripes, has suggestions, or is disappointed. But I can only do so much. The game was released at random times, on random dates, with random numbered copies not based on the order it was purchased. It was affordable in both formats, and had the full get up with its packaging and presentation. We even released it to the public for free, not sure what else is missing here folks... its just a silly game.

Love it or hate it, constructive criticism or not, you dont need to waste your time telling me :P

Not trying to make you look like a souless asshole. Sorry about that if you felt that way. I was only disappointed about missing out on the game. I wrote using the pull down menu on your website. I appreciate your making the game at all. Don't let my disappointment in trying to get one make you think I'm ragging on you as a person. I get enough of that in my own life and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Well thanks for explaining, came off that way somewhat, but i understand.

The pull down on the site is not functioning as those email addresses currently dont exist... I apologize on that matter and ill get them removed as there is no need for them to be there if they dont work.

Unfortunate on the luck, im really sorry about that. i dont know if we have any left-overs or not honestly. Let me get with jag_slave and see if he has an extra or so that was reserved for a friend but not taken yet.

Edited by rush6432

What was the price for the full boxed game, if I may asking?

The game looks nice BTW.

The Cart was 80.00 US

The CD was 43.00 US

Thanks,

Can you guys share how you managed to produce a full commercial game, never mind the software stuff, but the physical, like the covers, PCB, Atari cartridge casings, labels.

I would like to hear a story about that.

I bet it tool a lot of logistics and research to pull that off.

And with my calculator here (crunching numbers.......), it does not look like you did it for money.

• Like 1

What was the price for the full boxed game, if I may asking?

The game looks nice BTW.

The Cart was 80.00 US

The CD was 43.00 US

Thanks,

Can you guys share how you managed to produce a full commercial game, never mind the software stuff, but the physical, like the covers, PCB, Atari cartridge casings, labels.

I would like to hear a story about that.

I bet it tool a lot of logistics and research to pull that off.

And with my calculator here (crunching numbers.......), it does not look like you did it for money.

Okay. I will go into full detail soon, I wont have time tonight but I can for those who are interested. Not very exciting, but it is a lot of work.

Okay. I will go into full detail soon, I wont have time tonight but I can for those who are interested. Not very exciting, but it is a lot of work.

"Behind the scenes" stuff is always interesting to me. I'd like to hear about it as well. :)

• Like 1

I assume they probably bought cheap Jag games like Cybermorph and brand new eproms, opened the cartridges to remove the original eproms form the PCB and replace them with the new ones once they are flashed with Black Out.

This is at the moment the cheapest way to produce a small run of cartridges and it is not that easy because it requires accurate soldering for each pin of the eprom.

No need to say that this technology is nowaday outdted and I hope the flah memory cartridge will soon put a end to that as it will offer a far easiest way to produce homebrews cartridges (but nothing is cheapest and easiest than CD).

If you want i can send SH3s copy to you like he offered since he seems to think we are a bunch of hacks anyhow.

You are reading waaaaaay too much into what sh3 is saying here. He was only offering fair criticism of the game. No one here thinks you're a hack. You've seen a complete Jaguar game started from beginning to end with a shipping product, which is far more than what at least 95% of what the Jag community has ever done. You deserve major kudos for that, and none of the other Reboot guys will disagree with that.

• Like 6

Hello,

A few minutes ago I was uploading the ROM to the FTP repository a thought occured to me: since the game fits on a 2MB ROM, has been released on CD, it should be possible to upload to the Jaguar using BJL. Also, this thread on Jagware suggests this as well. So, for the benefit of BJL only users, would you mind releasing a BJL version of the game?

I assume they probably bought cheap Jag games like Cybermorph and brand new eproms, opened the cartridges to remove the original eproms form the PCB and replace them with the new ones once they are flashed with Black Out.

This is at the moment the cheapest way to produce a small run of cartridges and it is not that easy because it requires accurate soldering for each pin of the eprom.

No need to say that this technology is nowaday outdted and I hope the flah memory cartridge will soon put a end to that as it will offer a far easiest way to produce homebrews cartridges (but nothing is cheapest and easiest than CD).

No sir, no officially released games were harmed in the making of this game.

All PCBs and Cartridges shells are BRAND NEW (old stock) from atari.. No remakes or new molds. 100% authentic real atari parts right down to the screws that hold the cartridge together. The eeproms, you just have to take what you can get when you can find them. They are obviously not the eproms that atari used.

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 2

I did not knew it was possible to find old PCB.

It made your life a bit easier then.

I dont think converting 40 or 50 Cybermorph into Black out cartridges would have been an horrible sacrifice but I am happy to know you don't have any Skylar blood on your hands and that Black Out cartridges are 100% Cybermorph free :D

Then you did not heard Skylar asking you: Where did you learn to unsolder?

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1

I dont think converting 40 or 50 Cybermorph into Black out cartridges would have been an horrible sacrifice but I am happy to know you don't have any Skylar blood on your hands and that Black Out cartridges are 100% Cybermorph free :D

Yeah, but I think the last thing anyone would want is to see the prices rise on that game as a result. :P

• Like 1