IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

I don't think there is any risk to see Cybermoprh price price skyrocketing because some hombrewers are dismantling some dozens of cartridges: that title is very common especially in its simplified 1 Mo version and there is a huge stock of unsold games NIB something like 20 years after Atari closed down.

The rariest the more expensive (see Worms, Breakout 2000, Primal Rage, Towers Ii for example) but for Cybermorph 1Mo I don't feel any wind of panic... :lol:

Edited by Felyx

Just so everyone knows-

All cartridges are still in my possession. I am waiting on usps to send me my shipping boxes (which should arrive any day now). If they don't arrive by Wednesday, I am going to get off early so I can grab the boxes in person and have the games shipped out this weekend at the latest. Sorry for any inconvenience- this is a temporary hold-up.

Thanks

So far it seems only one guy got his CD in Europe (in Netherlands). It was a super quick delivery as it takes usually about 2 weeks to arrive.

I dont feel stressed yet as almost noone posted here to say they got their CD but I will feel more comfortable when I get it.

I expect to receive it during this week as it has been shipped the 16th.

Edited by Felyx

This and his other Jag game auctions will be very interesting. Blackout had no minimum to start and no reserve. Lets see who can come closest to the winning bid. I say $105.

He also has some other interesting auctions. Not sure the last I saw cartridge versions of Mad Bodies and Painter up for auction.

There's a copy of the cart on eBay if anyone here missed out. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2308440928131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230844092813&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] I had my eBay notifications set to alert me in case the second batch went up and I didn't catch it here. The seller also has Mad Bodies and Painter for sale.

I second a bjl version. :thumbsup:

- Chris

Hello,

A few minutes ago I was uploading the ROM to the FTP repository a thought occured to me: since the game fits on a 2MB ROM, has been released on CD, it should be possible to upload to the Jaguar using BJL. Also, this thread on Jagware suggests this as well. So, for the benefit of BJL only users, would you mind releasing a BJL version of the game?

He also has some other interesting auctions. Not sure the last I saw cartridge versions of Mad Bodies and Painter up for auction.

I can't believe Painter is already over $100. By the end it will be ridiculous. It is pretty hard to justify even for a collector.

• Like 1

I'm not disputing the quality of the game. It is just disappointing that the prices on homebrew end up so high. I know why it happens and I appreciate the developers that are putting new products out there. The prices can just get a little crazy. That is happening for a lot of gaming stuff lately though. I've seen prices on 2600 stuff that have me scratching my head lately. It just seems like it is a little worse for the Jaguar than for other systems. I've been collecting for it for a long time and, besides Battlesphere, there haven't been many times where I felt items were beyond justification when I try to make the pitch to my wife. She isn't going to buy it when I'm trying to go for a $200+ Painter and I'm not even going to try. Good luck to those that are going for it though.

Here is all the complicated and mind boggling information on building the cart boxes:

2373775267_554416b0c4.jpg

scissors.jpg

elmers_glue.jpg

Combine all of these things with some real measurements based off of the original Atari Jaguar boxes (don't buy a new one to figure it out LOL), and don't use regular paper- thats just silly business because paper is too soft. The next step up is some sort of card stock. If you really want to avoid thinking just send everything to a graphic designer (luckily I am one which came in handy) and have them design it, and print it, and cut it for you... It takes a long time to do for those guys as well. Do it yourself if you can or it'll cooossst yaaaaa ;)

Beginners note:

- Outsourcing will really tear your wallet in half. So don't be a big Pausey.

- Make sure the artwork is 100% original and yours (please avoid ripping off other peoples artwork, or basing it off of it- kinda not a smart idea).

- Exacto knives are sharp OUCH!

• Like 3

If anyone is interested in making official Atari-looking boxes, LinkoVitch's and other sites have Atari's own box layouts, so there's no need for measuring if you work from those files. If the authentic Atari release thing floats your boat, instruction booklet layouts can also be found in the same places, you can even print them out in cheapo black and white for true authenticity :lol:

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in making official Atari-looking boxes, LinkoVitch's and other sites have Atari's own box layouts, so there's no need for measuring if you work from those files. Jaguar users, look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day... At dawn, look to the East. I will save you from the frustration of figuring it out yourself. If the authentic Atari release thing floats your boat, instruction booklet layouts can also be found in the same places, you can even print them out in cheapo black and white for true authenticity :lol:

Buahahaha ;)

Blackout ends up selling for $5 less ($153) then new a month ago. MadBodies $192.50 and Painter $168.50. I stopped bidding on both at $140. I think I am going to regret not bidding more on Painter.

This and his other Jag game auctions will be very interesting. Blackout had no minimum to start and no reserve. Lets see who can come closest to the winning bid. I say $105.

There's a copy of the cart on eBay if anyone here missed out. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2308440928131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230844092813&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] I had my eBay notifications set to alert me in case the second batch went up and I didn't catch it here. The seller also has Mad Bodies and Painter for sale.

I received my cart today. I haven't put it in yet but I did open everything up. The box looks pretty good but it is obvious that it was made using the process that is described. It doesn't feel like your other Jag boxes but it is functional. The good thing about it is that it is easy to open without leaving any creases unlike regular Jag boxes. I was able to open it up and look at everything and when I closed it it looked exactly the same as it did before I touched it. The cart label looks great and well applied. The cart is the type with no Atari logo on the back. It's very clean. Thanks guys! I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1