IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

Hello everyone,

Once the final copy of this run is sold, I will begin packaging the games for shipment at the same time. Although they aren't guaranteed to arrive at the same time ;) Hopefully shipping by next week!

Thanks to everyone for your support and compliments, really is encouraging. THANK YOU!

Sold out! :(

They haven't said that yet.

That's what it suggests by attempting to buy it on the site:

Your item(s) sold out

logo_paypal_lockup_97x21.gif

We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time:

SOLD OUT is correct sirs.

:/

We are in the middle of the road here now. We have a lot of complainers (which is understandable to a small degree) But we also have even more support. Does anyone here think we should do another run of carts?

Edited by Jag_Slave

We are in the middle of the road here now. We have a lot of complainers (which is understandable to a small degree) But we also have even more support. Does anyone here think we should do another run of carts?

I'd say ask people who would like a cart and are prepared to pay to drop you an email, with a closing date (a week or two). Then you will at least have a figure of number of carts you should be fairly sure to sell.. obviously once you have the carts contact the people who emailed you to ask them for payment etc before shipping them out. If you have any left over from this, advertise them to all. Should reduce the chance of you having a stock of unsold carts at least, and you can judge if the effort in making them in warranted to some degree.

• Like 5

I'd say make another run of 25....then make CD versions....then release the file.

• Like 2

I think many people didn't realize that Blackout were released 2 days ago. There are many Jag fans in Europe and i think that they didn't heard about the release. So a second run would be fine.

Edited by life_is_pleach
  • Like 1

I'd say make another run of 25....then make CD versions....then release the file.

Yeah I think following the original plan is probably the right way to go. I agree :)

Yeah I think following the original plan is probably the right way to go. I agree :)

Thats what we had in mind anyhow.

• Like 1

If your aiming for Europe sales, you really need that PAL fix.

Not necessarily, if 23 sold out in 1 or 2 days, there should be no problem shifting the same again even in the US alone, not everyone checks the forums every day or even mid-week. Plus, collectors might not mind being unable to play the actual cart if there's a binary they could look at later (although not all collectors have the hardware or inclination to do that kind of thing).

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. Many euopean gamer have a 50/60 Hz mod or original 60 Hz hardware. I didn't think that it will be a problem. Also, Blackout is the second game on the Jag who needs 60 Hz.

Edited by life_is_pleach

Not necessarily, if 23 sold out in 1 or 2 days, there should be no problem shifting the same again even in the US alone, not everyone checks the forums every day or even mid-week. Plus, collectors might not mind being unable to play the actual cart if there's a binary they could look at later (although not all collectors have the hardware or inclination to do that kind of thing).

I typically buy two copies of homebrew releases (one for play, and one for tradebait or whatnot), so I'd go for another cart. I can't be the only one who does that.

• Like 1

The second batch of 25 you probably would not want to have a limit of one for people who like one mint in box and one to play. Also you would think the Goat Store or Songbird or another jag store would have an interest in a couple for thier stock.

I typically buy two copies of homebrew releases (one for play, and one for tradebait or whatnot), so I'd go for another cart. I can't be the only one who does that.

I agree can not wait for Impluse X. As much as I have looked forward to Blackout my anticipation for Impluse X is much higher.

Hello Stormworks Interactive team!

Congratulations on your release!

Matthias

Thank you!!!

Looking forward to grabbing a copy of Impulse X when it comes out!