IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

I don' t understand anymore :(

The idea of releasing some "collector" carts for fans and then to release the rom (like Reboot is already doing for several years for example) seems to be a very convenient to prevent speculation and although I could just burn for free the rom on a CD-R when available I would consider buying the "official" CD just to support the team.

Now if it goes on eBay that's exactly turning the back to that spirit and to open wide the doors to speculators and I wont't be suprised if it happens to see the prices skyrocketing widely out of the reasonable budget I could consider :(

Hope it is just a rumour and that's eventually a so promising team of coders for the Jag won't stay at this point as I believe many Jags fans are fair and eager to support those 2 guys.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1

I don't see how one bad apple means that you have to throw away your whole refrigerator.

We're not talking one bad apple now, we're talking industrial espionage and 1337 haxx0r stuff now...

"we found the rom file dumped ALREADY...." this is not...

So who is so heavily invested in the Jaguar that they can't wait a few weeks for a ROM to a game to be released for a game they could buy for $80?

edit: never mind -- read through the entire thread.

I'm sure that the borderline-psychotic negativity in the community has killed some devs enthusiasm and deterred others. However this takes things way further, and it's understandable that these actions have changed your perspective on things. Deciding whether continuing on with a hobby is worth dealing with insanity like this is not a choice that any Jaguar dev should expect to make. Whatever Stormworks decides I hope you guys can tell that there are alot of Jaguar fans who appreciate your contributions and would support whatever you do in the future.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

I applaud them for releasing the next 25 carts in any form. I would rather see them make any potential profit off this. I hope they release the CDs also to keep this from becoming another Battlesphere/GORF where the vast majority in the Jag community will never get a chance to play/own it.

I don' t understand anymore :(

The idea of releasing some "collector" carts for fans and then to release the rom (like Reboot is already doing for several years for example) seems to be a very convenient to prevent speculation and although I could just burn for free the rom on a CD-R when available I would consider buying the "official" CD just to support the team.

Now if it goes on eBay that's exactly turning the back to that spirit and to open wide the doors to speculators and I wont't be suprised if it happens to see the prices skyrocketing widely out of the reasonable budget I could consider :(

Hope it is just a rumour and that's eventually a so promising team of coders for the Jag won't stay at this point as I believe many Jags fans are fair and eager to support those 2 guys.

• Like 1

It's really upsetting that one person had to ruin it for everyone. Now I think I finally understand why the Jaguar community is the way it is and why there are 0 homebrews to buy in the Jaguar section of the AA store and may be the ONLY system you can't buy games for? I'm too lazy to check lol.

I feel sorry for what happened to stormworks interactive (Jeff & Shawn); two talented individuals trying to do their part to give back to the community and this is what happens?

For fu#^s sake, it's bad enough the Jaguar is extrememly challenging, from what I heard, to program for! To have this great opportunity to own new fresh games become vanished is disappointing at most.

I really hope karma bites the motherfu#^er who did this!

I also hope Jeff and Shawn will eventually reconsider, they will have my 100% support cos they are worth it.

• Like 2

The people who will buy this:

A. Want to own a new Jaguar game

B. Like the extra features (BJL loader) of the cart

That wont change even if the developers get kidnapped and put on a pirate ship full of pirates and ninjas each stealing a cart from eachother. Nothing has changed in my view.

OK we know the guy who did that is skilled.

Now what kind of guy can be at same time geek and high skilled enough if not...

a mad scientist:NN64.jpg

Yeah this guy sounds definitively very suspect to me.

Now look at this: what Pr Calculus is hidding in his bag??

bTNH.jpg

Answer below:

UDWT.jpg

Captain Haddock found the bastard: Got you perfidious Calculus!

Jwvw.jpg

Translation: Motherf...I will jettison you overboard!

:D

Hope this can bring some fun in this topic full of disgust and desolation...

Edited by Felyx

I've talked it over with shawn and since we still have supplies for this game sitting around to make a few carts and CDs we will release what we have. once we run out, thats it.

The game has been updated a little bit in the back end but nothing visually that you would notice probably. I have also enabled "PAL support" based on the feedback of many, however its still not technically PAL. The screen dimensions are still NTSC height and width and with a bit of code that was brought to attention by zerosquare will force a 50HZ (pal) jaguar into 60hz mode without modification to the console itself. The screen itself is a little pushed upward by about 20 pixels or so id say, so its not perfect but its not cutting anything crucial off the screen. This isnt technically a perfect fix but it does make it playable on a pal console. This might not fair very well on very very old PAL televisions however since the game is forcing the console to run at 60 hz and the older televsion may not keep up or like this...

I dont have a timeline on when these will be released, i do know that we will have some carts and some CDs available though and the number of carts will probably be similar to what we had last time. CDs i am unsure on at the moment how many we will have.

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 7

Happy ro read that but this second run is the smallest part of the question. I do hope this means you will stop selling Blackout cartridges but not that you stop coding for the Jag.

If you stop that will probably leads Blackout to suffer the speculation: I don't think you would appreciate that much in the near future that when people speak about Blackout it is about the latest high price it reached on eBay? Thats the fate of Jag games released in small quantity.

I found your idea of releasing the rom once the fans will bought the games on cartridge excellent to prevent that speculation which is taking the Jag far from the retrogaming spirit.

I have no odds about new game realeases: in homebrews it comes when it comes, there is no pressure for any result.

The most important thing is that some guys are still passionte enough to keep the Jag alive after almost 20 years of hard life...

And to joke, if you stop right now you will miss the 20th anniversary jubilee of the Jag as it was released in 1993 :D

Edited by Felyx

Changed reset feature to return to title screen instead of begining of game, few optimizations for loading a few graphics to make it a bit quicker. like i said its all stuff i thought could be changed slightly in the back end to tweak for performance/smoother running but you probably wont notice unless you've played the first released version vs the newer updated one. Even then its not a huge night and day difference. Main update is the pal support.

We did toy with adding network support back in via skunkboard over the internet for the CD version but removed this ultimately at the end. was more trouble that it was worth really to have working and would have required tons of testing. something we just dont have time for right now.

Edited by rush6432