IGNORED

2013 Midwest gaming classic

IAMAMRA

I don't know man, you have to start the night with a shot of Beam for me to even humor you ;)

I always offer any fellow AA'ers can stay in my room free of charge if you want to save some money. Bring an air matress, use the couch, whatever works. We are a roudy bunch though, your wife will likely hate us, lol

Shot of Beam? Easy enough. :P

To be honest I'm surprised at how well my wife took PRGE in September. I figured she'd complain most of the time and want out, but she had a great time at the show (admittedly she was only there for a few hours) and ended up wanting to continue browsing the booths after I headed back to work the AA booth w/ Al and Fred. When we got back, she said she wouldn't mind doing another show with me, which was pretty good considering she absolutely cannot stand most of my collection. Although we were about 50/50 spending time at the show vs. doing other things in Portland, so that might have had something to do with it.

She wouldn't want to get hammered w/ a bunch of nerds for sure, LMAO! :D She finally decided she likes pinball, so that helps a lot.

We'll see what happens next year. I definitely want to go, so I'll likely be there at least, hopefully. Either way, the show looked like an absolute blast and is certainly one of the best retro game shows out there for sure! Definitely something no retro game fan or collector can miss in a lifetime. Everyone's gotta go at least once in my book!

• Like 1

She wouldn't want to get hammered w/ a bunch of nerds for sure, LMAO! :D She finally decided she likes pinball, so that helps a lot.

You know, my wife reached the same decision after showing her a couple of the electro-mechanical games I played that weekend. She even agreed that once we got a house, we could have one to play in the basement! I'd really love to have either High Hand or Captain Fantastic.

You know, my wife reached the same decision after showing her a couple of the electro-mechanical games I played that weekend. She even agreed that once we got a house, we could have one to play in the basement! I'd really love to have either High Hand or Captain Fantastic.

For EM's I would go Jacks to Open! Captain Fantastic is WAY over rated due to the theme/etc..

My wife had never played pinball her entire life until we visited Austin a year and a half ago. I was floored when she admitted that! I would think everyone has at least popped a quarter in a single arcade game and a single pin at least once in their life, no matter what. She really enjoyed the DMD stuff and had a blast with both Shrek and Rocky & Bullwinkle -- can't say I am a fan of either of those machines, but she loved them. She absolutely adores Williams Fire!, although she's horrible at it, LOL. She's demanded that once we get into a permanent living situation (AKA buying a house) that we purchase Fire!, which is awesome. The gameplay in Fire! is a little spartan, but the theme is one of the best out there IMO.

She's still on the fence about the Flash Gordon machine though, damnit! :D Bally Medusa, however, is going into our house no matter what she says.

My wife had never played pinball her entire life until we visited Austin a year and a half ago. I was floored when she admitted that! I would think everyone has at least popped a quarter in a single arcade game and a single pin at least once in their life, no matter what. She really enjoyed the DMD stuff and had a blast with both Shrek and Rocky & Bullwinkle -- can't say I am a fan of either of those machines, but she loved them. She absolutely adores Williams Fire!, although she's horrible at it, LOL. She's demanded that once we get into a permanent living situation (AKA buying a house) that we purchase Fire!, which is awesome. The gameplay in Fire! is a little spartan, but the theme is one of the best out there IMO.

She's still on the fence about the Flash Gordon machine though, damnit! :D Bally Medusa, however, is going into our house no matter what she says.

My buddy had a wanted add up for pinball machines on Craigslist last summer and a guy contacted him for a fire. He was on the eighth floor of an apartment complex and he really didn't want to deal with it (not to mention he doesn't like the game) The guy was asking $700, which is pretty good already but while attempting to play it the game wouldn't power up. My friend said no thanks, he then said $500, he again said no thanks, the guy came back with $300 and my friend said look, I really am just not interested. The guy said what would you pay, I need it GONE now. My buddy said $100...the guy thought about it and said, sure get it out of here, lol. Needed $150 worth of board work but not bad for $250 :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...