IGNORED

A Complete Odyssey 2 Game Collection

mtshark7

I was wondering if anyone on here owned every single Magnavox Odyssey 2 game?

If so do you happen to have a list of all the games?

It was my very first console that got me into video games/collecting and I'm currently in the process of buying all the games available for it.

I think it would be neat as a collector to own at least one console with all the games and Odyssey 2 games are fairly cheap.

I got close without really trying. If you focus only on US releases, the O2 may be the easiest "major" pre-Crash platform to collect for. Power Lords, Atlantis, Demon Attack, and the Parker Bros. games might set you back $300-$400, and you can pick up almost all of the rest for less than $2 apiece CIB if you're patient.

I started down this route, then sold most of the games to go multicart.

I have tried to get a complete collection but then I think like boxpressed does that the multi-cart is a better choice.

Not to discourage you about the O2 but a Sega 32X collection would probably be cheaper route. If you are looking for just one complete console collection.

Also the Odyssey 2 has the cart/board games and complete ones can take a bite out of the wallet.

I wish you the best and when you get a complete collection I hope you post pictures!

Thanks!

From what I can tell doing research, not sure how accurate it is or not, the following is the list of games I still need to get:

Amock*

Atlantis

Attack of the Timelord - $16

Conquest of the World

Demon Attack

Dynasty

Electronic Table Soccer - $7

I’ve Got Your Number - $15

Keyboard Creations - $18

Monkeyshines - $10

Mr. Roboto - $28

Nimble Numbers Ned - $15

Pachinko - $9

Pick Axe Pete - $5

Planet Lander*

Pocket Billiards - $5

Power Lords- $90 Cart Only

Puzzle Piece Panic - $22

P.T.Barnum’s Acrobats - $14

S.I.D. The Spellbinder

Smithereens - $20

Super Cobra - $85

Type & Tell - $16

Two games: Turtles and Killer Bees are cart only...I doubt I'll ever find the box and manual for those games.

Anndd yes I'll post pics later

Tempest: Hmm aren't the parker bros games not compatable with NTSC O2's? Such as frogger and popeye? I think that would be alot of duplicates tho...the ones I need are shown above. I already have 9 duplicates for the system too.

However, I thank you for the offer...unless you wouldn't mind splitting it up?

I also own the new games that just came out: Fatso!, Sea Rescue!, and soon to have Jungle Girl!

Tempest: Hmm aren't the parker bros games not compatable with NTSC O2's? Such as frogger and popeye? I think that would be alot of duplicates tho...the ones I need are shown above. I already have 9 duplicates for the system too.

I also own the new games that just came out: Fatso!, Sea Rescue!, and soon to have Jungle Girl!

I think it depends on the O2. Qbert and Super Cobra work on my O2, but I hear it doesn't work on all of them . Frogger and Popeye don't work on any US O2 from what I understand.

I think it depends on the O2. Qbert and Super Cobra work on my O2, but I hear it doesn't work on all of them . Frogger and Popeye don't work on any US O2 from what I understand.

I could have sworn that Frogger & Popeye worked on my O2 model with the removable controllers. If I get a chance in the near future I'll have to dig it out and try them again.

Hmm...from what I understand, taken from atari2600.com they state this:

DOESN"T WORK:

Frogger, Parker Bros., Complete in box. Frogger will not work properly on an Odyssey2 Video Game System

Q*Bert, Parker Bros., Complete in box. Q*Bert will not work properly on an Odyssey2 Video Game System

WORKS:

Super Cobra, Parker Bros., Complete in Box. Super Cobra is compatible with the Odyssey2 Video Game System

Popeye, Parker Bros., Complete in the Box. Popeye is compatible with the Odyssey2 Video Game System.

Well that sux, now I have to add super cobra and popeye to my list....boo! 1 step forward 8 steps back.

Apparently they say Q*Bert won't work? Maybe more research needs to be done on this, haha.

My O2 is the one with the detachable controllers.

Are the only ways to play Frogger and Q-Bert on a US console us to get the multicart? I believe it has playable versions of Frogger and Q-Bert. Spiderman also I believe.

But my Q*Bert worked on my original model O2. I guess there was some running change that broke compatibility. I'm going to test it on my Newer O2 tonight.

It might actually be the game, maybe there are two versions?

Is the original model O2 the one with detachable joysticks? I have the one with the sticks permanently attached, I believe that's the second version? Let me know what you find with your newer O2. The Parker Bros. games seem like fun.

Is the wired joystick model the second one? I thought it was the other way around, but I could be wrong (I'm not an O2 expert).

Q*Bert worked on my O2 with the attached controllers.

I read somewhere (just confirmed it on Wikipedia too) that the one with the detachable controllers was the first model and then apparently people damaged the controller ports plugging them in and out so in the revised version they were hardwired. Odd, I always thought it was the other way around too!

Edited by Atari2008

And Q*Bert also works on the O2 with attached controllers? Thanks. :-)

My Q*Bert does anyway. Makes me wonder if there are multiple revisions of the O2 that make certain games not work (like the 7800) or if there are different versions of Q*Bert. The console revisions make more sense though.

Hmm that's weird that on atari2600.com they say that Q*Bert doesn't work.

Tempest I think there are various revisions to the Odyssey 2 console. The one I grew up with the keyboard was made of a metalic material, and the one I have now is like a plastic material and they are both with detachable controllers.

• 1 year later...

Glad I found my old thread so I don't have to waste server space starting a new topic, lol.

Since I last posted I have collected more games for my Odyssey 2 and then that faded and been buying games for my other systems. I been recently watching pickup video's on youtube and one in particular is grubgun's channel and his quest to own all the gamecube games.

So I started back up and buying games for my Odyssey 2. I now own two consoles, my original with detachable controllers which I had to clean the hell out of so they would work. Sometime around last month my friend gave me the one with the attached controllers but the controllers were all jacked and the power supply didn't work so I had an extra power supply and fired it up and the game showed on the screen so I then took a gamble and modded it with a power LED, AV out, serial cables to connect Atari 2600 controllers to. Now it works perfectly since I refurbished it and was happy I was able to fix it as opposed to throwing it out with all the problems it had.

I've attached my excel spreadsheet of the games I currently own. If I'm not mistaken I think I only need 9 more games to complete my collection?

If anyone has any extra copies they would like to part with or help me out I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Thanks everyone!

O2.xls

• Like 1