IGNORED

XBLA retro & arcade multiplayer

ukyo.tachibana

What retro games are you guys playing on Xbox live?

got a few shmups including radiant silvergun, xevious, ikaruga and defender

and some fighters like fatal fury and marvel vs capcom 2

Any recommendations would be cool

Edited by ukyo.tachibana

Don't bother with many of the earlier downloadable Namco titles, it's a waste of money. Get them on the Namco Museum compilation (physical disc). You get most of the early arcade stuff (Pac-Man, Xevious, Galaga, etc), plus you get a handful of the remade games, like Galaga Legions, Pac-Man CE, and Mr. Driller. It's a much better deal in the end.

• Like 1

Awesome games Rex mentions. All of them.

- Aban Hawkings and the 1000 spikes is ok but incredibly hard. (999 lives hard)

- The Arkedo series of games are a must.

- Adventures of Shuggy is too expensive IMO but a nice retro type platformer.

And never ever forget to buy and support:

AvX7MxfCQAINfXY-300x300.jpg

escape.....goat...............

Edited by cimerians

I haven't been playing any retro games lately, but I do love me some Root Beer Tapper, Gyruss, Contra, X-Men, Robotron, TMNT 1989 and Joust. Plus Game Room is a good way to get in some proper Food Fight and Crystal Castles time. Oh, and the Namco Museum is a must-own.

If anybody is looking for some online retro gaming, feel free to add me to your friends list. My tag is: Shevenell

Unless I'm watching Netflix, I'm always in the mood for some retro gaming. Message me anytime.

Don't bother with many of the earlier downloadable Namco titles, it's a waste of money. Get them on the Namco Museum compilation (physical disc). You get most of the early arcade stuff (Pac-Man, Xevious, Galaga, etc), plus you get a handful of the remade games, like Galaga Legions, Pac-Man CE, and Mr. Driller. It's a much better deal in the end.

How did I not know this existed?!? I own 3-4 of the titles and it still looks like a great deal!

EDIT to add game list.

Xbox Live Arcade Games

Museum Games

Arrangement Games

• Dig Dug Arrangement (2005)
  • Galaga Arrangement (2005)
  • Pac-Man Arrangement (2005)

Edited by davepesc
  • Like 1

I have most of the arcade/retro games. What can I say, I was a sucker for them. ;) And I think most of them are quite playable on the XBox, with a couple exceptions. I have almost all the Namco, Atari, and Konami games, along with some of the Midway games you can no longer get.

My personal favs are:

Gyruss

Time Pilot

Battlezone

Tempest

Tron

Discs of Tron

Ms. Pac Man

Galaga

Missle Command

TMNT 1989

Smash TV

1942: Joint Strike

We should do a 'classic game weekend' at some point, I'd love to do some of these games MP! But there's never anyone around.

We should do a 'classic game weekend' at some point, I'd love to do some of these games MP! But there's never anyone around.

I'd be up for something like that. I'm unable to get any sort of achievement points for the multiplayer aspects of these games, due to either not having friends into these types of games, or nobody playing them online period.

I'd be up for that. There are lots of multiplayer achievements in classic XBLA games I'd be up for going after. Just need people to play with.

If any of you have Centipede/Millipede, stay away from throttle monkey mode. I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but speeding the game up 10X and then having achievements for that mode is just nonsense. It's all but unplayable and I can't imagine anyone having the patience to get 15,000 in the mode for an achievement when the bugs are almost guided missiles since the game is running so fast (And the control isn't changed at all either to compensate for the game being speeded up multiple times, so accuracy and precision are basically thrown out of the door since all it takes is a small tap of the analog stick to go from the edge of the screen to the other edge).

Very disappointed when I finally got around to spending some time with this XBLA release tonight after several years and tried that mode. I expected enemies going twice as fast perhaps which would at least be playable for a little bit.

But this is just nonsense.

Edited by Atariboy

I'm totally on board with this idea. We could set up a weekend and designate certain blocks of time for certain games. Even keep track of scores for the weekend and post a top 3 for each game when the weekend's over.

If any of you have Centipede/Millipede, stay away from throttle monkey mode.

Agreed. I was never a good Centipede or Millipede player in the first place, but picked the game up on a whim. I even figured that if I could practice the fast mode, I would just become a better all around player. But that wasn't the case. It's just too fast to learn anything from. Definitely not my cup of tea.