6. theKLT 11

7. Liduario 10

8(t). roadrunner 9

8(t). cybersp78 9

10. cparsley 3

11. Jibbajaba 2

12(t). mihcael 1

12(t). LarcenTyler 1

Here's a tip, try and get only 1 customer after Monday, you get points for cracking non customers windows, more non customers, more points.

So you're saying that on Monday, give 1 customer their paper, and use the rest of your papers to mess up non-subscriber's houses?

I always aim for the mailbox of customers. That's 1000 points right there. Once you practice enough you can get pretty good at it.

Chris

Here's a tip, try and get only 1 customer after Monday, you get points for cracking non customers windows, more non customers, more points.

So you're saying that on Monday, give 1 customer their paper, and use the rest of your papers to mess up non-subscriber's houses?

I always aim for the mailbox of customers. That's 1000 points right there. Once you practice enough you can get pretty good at it.

Chris

You'd run out of papers too often to do enough damage to make up the points of only having 1 subscriber.

I generally finish Sunday with 8-12 subscribers and 70k+ points. I dish out as much damage as I can but try to not go crazy as it sucks to run out of papers. I throw papers like crazy on the obs course because hitting targets refills your papers. The most important thing about getting a good score at paperboy is keep your subscribers and dish out as much damage as possible to red houses.

The high score I posted was my first attempt and while it was a pretty good run I'm pretty sure I could break 100k.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's what I would prefer to do. And all of your submitted scores will be automatically cut in half so that other people can have a chance. :P

Chris

:lol:

Truth be told, I might not even play that much. I moved into my new apartment back on the 13th of October, and I've yet to hook up any old systems to my TV, minus a one-night-stand with my modded XBOX. A new session in progress here though might get me to play the NES again. I did buy a Power Pak a couple of months back, but have barely used it.

Edited by Austin

Lets get a new round moving. If you need help with setting this up let me know.

Also would anyone be interested in doing a round where the winner gets a prize? nothing too fancy, just like something you'd get as a secret santa.

Also I'm not sure if anyone is interested but I think it would be fun if we could get a few people to donate mystery prizes for the winner. I'd be willing to ship something to next rounds winner just for fun.

I gave away prizes when I did the Jag HSC. I think it was a good incentive for people to play on a more regular basis.

As far as a game selection, I have no idea. Pick something good? :lolblue:

How about we start a thread that will be open for a week allowing people to suggest games? Anyone willing to commit to sending a prize to the 1st place winner would have their game of choice included in the competition. Prize could be anything a person feels willing to ship the winner. Maybe we could do 1 week for each round and go for 10 rounds or more depending on how many people would be willing to ship prizes to the winner?

I'd definitely be down to ship a prize to the 1st place winner.

Cool to see that some of you are still around! I've been pretty busy the last few months as well. Picking games is always tough: my only suggestion is to keep some kind of track of what's been played in the past, and make sure nothing gets repeated too often. Game selection is paramount to making this fun, but more participation is also key. I'll stay tuned!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...