IGNORED

Classic Gaming Weekend on XBox Live, August 9-12

SoulBlazer

In a recent discussion about which classics people enjoyed playing on XBox live, it was determined that several of us would very much like to play some of these games online aganit others, but can never find anyone. Another person suggested a gaming weekend, and another person suggested the idea of 'blocks' of time set aside for gaming time for each game.

Right now, I'm hoping that we can do the Classic Gaming Weekend not this weekend but next one, starting on Thursday night and running through the weekend. There will be a block of time set aside for each game. You just log into the game during that block of time, and find people. We should also share our Xbox Live usernames.

I'd like to get some votes on which games we should do. They probaly should be limited to old arcade games from the late 70's to early 90's period and not require too long to play, to allow us to have several go's at it and allow everyone a chance to play. Here's my thoughts on the gaming blocks:

All times given are Eastern US Time Zone

THURSDAY AUG 9

9-11 PM

FRIDAY AUG 10

9-11 PM

SAT AUG 11

12-2 PM

2-4 PM

4-6 PM

6-8 PM

8-10 PM

10-12 PM

SUN AUG 12

12-2 PM

2-4 PM

4-6 PM

6-8 PM

8-10 PM

10-12 PM

Please vote for the games to play, and you can suggest time blocks also if you like!

I'll be on-call next weekend, and around the house a lot. It's hard to say exactly the best time frame would be since I could be on a call at any time.

I have a lot of the classic XBLA titles (most of them) and I also have the Game Room. I think I have about a dozen games in that.

Classic games with online capabilities (I think) that I have:

Battlezone

Contra

Defender

Disk of Tron

Doom

Doom 2

Duke Nuke Em 3D

Frogger

Gauntlet

Golden Axe

Gunstar Heroes

Gyrus

Jetpack Refueled

Joust

Paperboy

Robotron

Rootbeer Tapper

Scramble

TMNT

Tron

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

If I'm on you can always hit me up. The gamertag is moycon.

I'm willing to buy anything that's still available, but my big three that I would definitely want to play online are Root Beer Tapper, Joust, and Gyruss. Would also be interested in just about anything offered through Game Room. I wouldn't be available Thursday and Friday, but I'll be around Saturday and Sunday.

My tag is Shevenell

Here's my list of classic arcade games with multiplayer modes that I'd most be interested in giving a go.

Battlezone

Contra

Defender

Discs of Tron

Frogger

Gauntlet (Probably too long for what you're after unless you limit continues)

Golden Axe (Ditto)

Gyruss

Joust

Robotron: 2084

Root Beer Tapper

Scramble

Smash TV (Ditto)

Super Contra

Tron

Not limited to just these though.

Edited by Atariboy

Well, the idea hasn't taken off, unfortunately. So for now should we all just say that we're going to try and commit ourselves to some online retro gaming on the 360 this weekend? Perhaps people could instead use this thread to update their online status and what they're currently playing?

The weekend is going to be really nice around here. And one thing that hasn't changed with me since childhood is the fact that I'll take playing outside on a nice day over video games. But I will absolutely make it a point to get online.

Yeah, maybe planning it out like this wasn't a great idea, at least not so soon. Hell, I work two-thirds of the weekend anyway (won't be available for anything until Sunday). Maybe just get a massive AtariAge party chat going on XBOX Live and wing it from there?

Well, the idea hasn't taken off, unfortunately. So for now should we all just say that we're going to try and commit ourselves to some online retro gaming on the 360 this weekend? Perhaps people could instead use this thread to update their online status and what they're currently playing?

The weekend is going to be really nice around here. And one thing that hasn't changed with me since childhood is the fact that I'll take playing outside on a nice day over video games. But I will absolutely make it a point to get online.

I think that's probaly a good idea. Scrap the idea of set times and just say that this weekend we'll try to get together to do some games. Send notes to each other online.

Not sure anything happened. I know I didn't participate at least since it ended up not being a good weekend for me.

Plan on adding everyone's XBL names posted in this thread later. Hopefully things pan out one of these weekends.

Been practicing the original Contra on my DS. Only get three credits and I'm close to being able to finish the game now (Despite Contra and the screen of the DS not being a good match). Should be able to put in a halfway decent showing on the XBLA version if we all do that someday when I can better see things like the shots from enemies.

Edited by Atariboy