IGNORED

EMR II - Evil Magician Returns upgraded to DPC+!

Byte Knight

This is really good, and really fun. My only complaint is that the wizards kill on touch when the original dragons had to bite at you to kill you, making the game insanely hard, espespecially when two wizards are on one screen.

Try to get to the yellow castle . If you can't , find a passage way . This game is a cakewalk compared to Epic Adventure :grin:

Edited by AtariBrian

This is really good, and really fun. My only complaint is that the wizards kill on touch when the original dragons had to bite at you to kill you, making the game insanely hard, espespecially when two wizards are on one screen.

Thanks! What AtariBrian means is the yellow castle room is a "safe room." Another good strategy is to take out the wizards in the open rooms below the yellow castle. If they both show up, it's best to vacate the area!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really nice here. I have to give it a try today in Stella. Hope it's not so unforgiving than part one :D It was quite a challenge back then, at least for me.

I also have to get Epic Adventure. Man I was gone too long in the Atari sector.

Hope that you're getting a Cart Release of the game soon! :)

Looks really nice here. I have to give it a try today in Stella. Hope it's not so unforgiving than part one :D It was quite a challenge back then, at least for me.

I also have to get Epic Adventure. Man I was gone too long in the Atari sector.

Hope that you're getting a Cart Release of the game soon! :)

Sounds good! Just make sure you have the latest version of Stella in order to run DPC+ games like this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Just wondering what ever happened to this project? (And then I realized I bumped this thread last year inquiring about it and it's been actually one year to the day of Byte Knight's last response! Springtime must put me in the mood for Adventure. :) )

This game is long overdue so hopefully soon . It is fully tested and complete .

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Quick question, is the download in the first post the full game or just a demo?

I was thinking about starting to play the game since it doesn't seem likely there will be a cart release at this point after 3 years of waiting, but only if that's the full version would be frustrating to put much time into it to later find out it's just a demo :)

Quick question, is the download in the first post the full game or just a demo?

I was thinking about starting to play the game since it doesn't seem likely there will be a cart release at this point after 3 years of waiting, but only if that's the full version would be frustrating to put much time into it to later find out it's just a demo :)

I'm still hopeful that this will see the light of day, but here's the release version for you to play along with the text manual. I've updated the first post as well.

(See a few posts below for rom and manual)

• Like 1

I'm still hopeful that this will see the light of day, but here's the release version for you to play along with the text manual. I've updated the first post as well.

Thanks a lot! Yeah hopefully the cart release isn't forgotten and we will still see a release in the future, but this will keep me busy until then :)

This looks great, but in Stella at least, it has the screen bouncing issue that I've seen before with some other DPC+ demos. Setting the cartridge type t DPC+ manually in Stella didn't help, either. Does this not happen on an actual Atari?

The game used an old version of DPC+ which the newer versions of Stella don't like. I've updated the program and this version should be much less seizure-inducing! While I was in there, I also fixed a bug where the red wizard would become immortal on Level 1.

Enjoy!

EMRII31.bin

EMRIImanual.pdf