IGNORED

Sega CD/32X/GENESIS Power Upgrade (NO MORE WALL WARTS!)

the.golden.ax

Totally will get one of these when I finally get my game room setup.

Cure for warts!

Just do what I do. Get the things you want for your game room while you can. I expect that by the time I get to buy a house with the game room I want money might just be too tight to buy all the things I want. I'll buy them now, get by storing them on shelves for the time being, and have them when I get the room to display them properly.

This is the perfect cure for warts. Would be nice if there was more of thing of thing out there.

A few points. I've been making and selling these behind the scenes so to speak for about three years, if not longer. While I appreciate your informing me that someone else is doing this, along with a helpful link on my thread, it doesn't appear to be exactly the same. A) They are not available. B) Mine have regulated 3.25amp power supplies, fuses, and a self resetting overload protection built in. If I'm not mistaken, his later creation, assuming he hasn't had these for 3 years+, are made with a 1.6amp or 3.0amp not containing a fuse. What does that mean? Well if you don't have a surge protector, or your house breaker fails, if you make the mistake of touching the Gen1 to the 32x pigtail... it's possible something bad could happen. Maybe his have fuses. I don't know. Something like that is a selling point, but he doesn't mention it. The price is not shown on the site. I'll have to take your word for it that they were $21.99. They did offer both 2 and 3 connection models, I assume one was more than the other.

I'm not sure at all about their prices, but that said, I'll be happy to match it @ $21.99 + $8 shipping. Total of $29.99 :o wait... that price... it's familiar. Oh, yeah, that's already my price :P :D

Then I get yours then..But later :)

Edited by NinjaWarrior

A few points. I've been making and selling these behind the scenes so to speak for about three years, if not longer. While I appreciate your informing me that someone else is doing this, along with a helpful link on my thread, it doesn't appear to be exactly the same. A) They are not available. B) Mine have regulated 3.25amp power supplies, fuses, and a self resetting overload protection built in. If I'm not mistaken, his later creation, assuming he hasn't had these for 3 years+, are made with a 1.6amp or 3.0amp not containing a fuse. What does that mean? Well if you don't have a surge protector, or your house breaker fails, if you make the mistake of touching the Gen1 to the 32x pigtail... it's possible something bad could happen. Maybe his have fuses. I don't know. Something like that is a selling point, but he doesn't mention it. The price is not shown on the site. I'll have to take your word for it that they were $21.99. They did offer both 2 and 3 connection models, I assume one was more than the other.

I'm not sure at all about their prices, but that said, I'll be happy to match it @ $21.99 + $8 shipping. Total of $29.99 :o wait... that price... it's familiar. Oh, yeah, that's already my price :P :D

Then I get yours then..But later :)

:thumbsup: I'll be happy to make you one. Thanks!

At this rate you are going to need to hire a staff to complete all of these man. You should hook up with some classic gaming site to sell these full time. Are you offering these on other sites as well? I'm sure there are people that don't visit this forum that would love to have one.

At this rate you are going to need to hire a staff to complete all of these man. You should hook up with some classic gaming site to sell these full time. Are you offering these on other sites as well? I'm sure there are people that don't visit this forum that would love to have one.

Oddly enough I posted them as well on Sega Age, but I just got a few people saying things like blah blah blah you kill real Sega Cords, and blah blah blah, I don't believe they enough power, and blah blah blah do they make the video display funny lines on the screen? :roll: Not a single sale over there. Atari Age on the other hand has been very supportive of these. Maybe we are just a little older and a little wiser. Don't know for sure.

It helps that I built most of my orders on these in advance. ;) I did have a few custom requests those should go pretty quick. Never fear.

do they make the video display funny lines on the screen?

Well let me attest to the fact they do NOT make funny lines. Mine looks crystal clear on my 32" CRT. I have heard some folks say the 32X actually improves the picture quality of even regular Genesis games, maybe the 32X is to credit for it but definitely if anyone is worried there might be rolling lines or hum or referesh issues I can verify there is no such worry with Ax'es mod. Looks amazing.

do they make the video display funny lines on the screen?

Well let me attest to the fact they do NOT make funny lines. Mine looks crystal clear on my 32" CRT. I have heard some folks say the 32X actually improves the picture quality of even regular Genesis games, maybe the 32X is to credit for it but definitely if anyone is worried there might be rolling lines or hum or refresh issues I can verify there is no such worry with Ax'es mod. Looks amazing.

Correct, thank you.

... part of the beauty of the 3.25amp regulating power supply is that it has enough power for the job when it is needed, and it tones back power output when it isn't. The originals and other generics just blast away at full power the whole time. Generics often have low amperage ratings resulting in the wonky colors. You don't get that here.

Do you offer this combo cable for the Jag/CD too?

You know, that is a fantastic point. There is no reason that it shouldn't work. I'm going to make a 2-way and test it out on my own Jag/CD. It would be slightly less since it would be a 2 cord model ($25) but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be fantastic for use with Jag.

You know, that is a fantastic point. There is no reason that it shouldn't work. I'm going to make a 2-way and test it out on my own Jag/CD. It would be slightly less since it would be a 2 cord model ($25) but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be fantastic for use with Jag.

Great. Please let me know how it turns out. I would definitely be interested in a combo to free up precious outlet space. :)

Don't get that wrong, it would be no fun to find out this didn't work right by smelling the smoke coming off of your JagCD. Just saying, be sure before you plug that up.

Don't get that wrong, it would be no fun to find out this didn't work right by smelling the smoke coming off of your JagCD. Just saying, be sure before you plug that up.

Gen1 / SegaCD1 / SegaCD2 / Turbo Grafx / Jaguar / Jaguar CD are all roughly 9 - 12 volt 1 - 1.3amp machines that use a negative tip. The Jag is the only one that smokes if you give it the wrong polarity... but that would be impossible to do with a Gen1 cable since it is also negative tip (and I can fix Jags that burn out from wrong polarity... FYI if anyone ever needs that done).

AX

Hey, Ax, this got me thinking.... Could you do the same thing, but have two Atari 2600 plugs, and a ColecoVision at the end of it? I ask, only because I have a wireless controller unit for the Atari, and it daisy-chains the AC. I'm not comfortable with that, and I'm not crazy about plugging in the remotes on an AC of their own, as I have no idea as to the effect of it. The power regulation aspect of this seems to be key.

Any odds that'll work?

Hey, Ax, this got me thinking.... Could you do the same thing, but have two Atari 2600 plugs, and a ColecoVision at the end of it? I ask, only because I have a wireless controller unit for the Atari, and it daisy-chains the AC. I'm not comfortable with that, and I'm not crazy about plugging in the remotes on an AC of their own, as I have no idea as to the effect of it. The power regulation aspect of this seems to be key.

Any odds that'll work?

Coleco no, two 2600 plugs, sure.

Any odds that'll work?

Coleco no, two 2600 plugs, sure.

BAZINGA!

... now to get a couple plugs and send them off. :)