IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

I said it earlier but I am still hugely addicted now to the Streetpass Plaza games.

Mii Force

Monster Manor

Warriors Way

Flower Town (ok not really this one but heck it was "free" in that I paid $15 for all 4)

The puzzle & "Find Mii" games are also still played.

If you have trouble getting Streetpasses, you can do what's known as a Homepass and set up your own Nintendo Zone at your house. It's easiest on a Macbook I've found. http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1k0g58/

Thanks! :D

I'm catching up on reading 3DS game reviews and stuff. Besides Fire Emblem I think upcoming purchases will include RE:Mercs, Kid Icarus and Zero Escape amongst others :)

I have to recommend Code of Princess & Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl too! Both a really fantastic!!

Get Revelations instead. I found Mercenaries for $5, but I don't know if I'd pay much more than that for it. The rendering engine is very ugly, everything's got t his greenish 16-bit-color look to it.

Thanks, I will definitely get Revelations as well, albeit I think rather for the big screen on the PS3 :)

I have to recommend Code of Princess & Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl too! Both a really fantastic!!

Millenium Girl will come to Europe later this year, so I'll have an eye on that, thanks! :D

Code of Princess - once they offer a physical edition I'll consider it. Same with Dual Destinies. Or I'll wait until one can download it for a fiver ;)

As I'm typing this I'm downloading Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud, they both currently go for €2.99. Should I get "Starship Damrey" and "Attack of the Friday Monsters" as well for that price?

• Like 1

As I'm typing this I'm downloading Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud, they both currently go for €2.99. Should I get "Starship Damrey" and "Attack of the Friday Monsters" as well for that price?

Liberation Maiden is the only one I've played, and it is very good! Albeit a bit short.. Still worth it I think.. As for the others, I've heard Crimson shroud was excellent as well.. I need to grab that one myself.

• Like 1

Code of Princess - once they offer a physical edition I'll consider it.

Too bad about region locking, because we got a physical copy here in the States. It even comes with a booklet and a soundtrack CD.

They did censor the original Japanese cover art by replacing it with a lot less cleavage, but I can't complain.

• Like 1

FUCK. THIS! I've been working at this all day and have been hitting nothing but dead ends. I feel like taking an axe and murdering the dozens of the Miis that WON'T be on my 3DS because all the exploits on that page have found a convenient excuse not to work. I'd rather give a sperm whale an enema than to spend another minute with this.

Weird that you're having a hard time.. and kinda funny because it was so easy over here. :lol: Although I've found a Macbook directions to be the easiest since it's all built in. I mean it literally takes all of plugging in your mac via ethernet, turning on sharing and making sure your ssid is 'attwifi' and plop in the command to change the MAC address. Voila.

Well, it sure wasn't that easy for ME! I tried running hotspot programs on my Droid X, only to be told that my "rooted" phone wasn't so rooted after all. (Trying to root the phone, of course, ended in miserable failure.) Trying to turn my router into a hotspot didn't work, either... I hacked it last year to run DD-WRT, and now the damn computer won't even recognize it. Trying to turn my Windows 7 laptop into a hotspot didn't work because the craptastic wi-fi adapter I plugged into it wasn't properly recognized and I couldn't find any drivers for it; none that didn't require asinine download managers, anyway. I pretty much tried every option BUT the Macintosh and they all went down in flames. So yeah, fuck that noise. My 3DS can starve for Miis if it wants to be an asshole about it.

Depends.. do you enjoy using Streetpass in the first place to get puzzle pieces for the 3D pictures? And have you played Find Mii? If you like those activities then it's that experience x100 with a Space Shmup, a Rock/Paper/Scissors war game, a Haunted mansion exploring, and flower growing :lol: But they're exactly the same in that you can only play them when you have Streetpass hits... As it's more about "interacting" with your streetpasses rather than always being able to play that game.

For me though that's a non-issue since I can get Streetpass hits all day long if I like. :P But if you don't have that and live in the suburbs then it becomes a very intermittent experience.

Re: price.. they are $5 each. But if you buy all 4 then you get it for $15.. BUT if you buy one game at $5, that deal is gone forever at least on that 3DS.

Creating your own Nintendo Zone has proven to bee a remarkable pain in the ass. I can't root my phone and I can't even access the router I hacked last year... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the pain and suffering.

What type of router is it? We've been using DD-WRT for streetpassing on a couple of Linksys/Cisco routers.

when you say you "can't access" it, do you mean wired or wirelessly?

Well, I still have LOZ: Link Between Worlds in my 3DS despite finishing it several weeks ago. I was a bit disappointed by the sheer number or people who owned the game who never bothered to talk to the old man to enable streetpass. Once I passed a Nintendo Zone where 3 or 6 Streetpass hits had last played LOZ. No shadow Links... :sad: I finished the game with 18 hearts, all weapon and armor upgrades, and all 100 lost Malamais (however you spell it). I may still revisit the advanced pit of trials or whatever but the Hero's Quest mode is too masochist for me to bother with, and I don't feel the need to track down the remaining 6 heart pieces in my current file. At any rate I double-dog dare someone to streetpass my Shadow Link, with a not-so-small bounty of only 980 rupees!!! :evil:

I'm currently playing Steel Diver: Sub Wars. Released following last Thursday's Nintendo Direct. I skipped out on the original 2011 retail title since it was a toss up between Steel Diver and Pilot Wings. I bought Pilot Wings and never regretted it due to the gorgeous 3D visuals. May still pick it up the original 3DS Steel Diver used for cheap at some point. I've also got Retro City Rampage high up in my play queue.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

I don't feel the need to track down the remaining 6 heart pieces in my current file.

See, I would go crazy if I knew there were 6 locations in the game that after playing through the whole thing, I obviously missed. But that said, on mine I'm missing 2 pieces, so there you go.. it drives me crazy. :lol:

At any rate I double-dog dare someone to streetpass my Shadow Link, with a not-so-small bounty of only 980 rupees!!! :evil:

I would if I could.. I'm 990 rupees. :D But man the prize aside from the challenges is even more rupees which I maxed out anyway and I just buy the expensive golden bee to trim it down for fun. Speaking of Streetpass my LoZ is maxed out. Most though are new players so I don't even bother unless I randomly come across them. :lol:

post-31-0-71005000-1392651362_thumb.jpg

See, I would go crazy if I knew there were 6 locations in the game that after playing through the whole thing, I obviously missed. But that said, on mine I'm missing 2 pieces, so there you go.. it drives me crazy. :lol:

I would if I could.. I'm 990 rupees. :D But man the prize aside from the challenges is even more rupees which I maxed out anyway and I just buy the expensive golden bee to trim it down for fun. Speaking of Streetpass my LoZ is maxed out. Most though are new players so I don't even bother unless I randomly come across them. :lol:

attachicon.gifzelda.jpg

Meh. I know exactly where two of those heart pieces are: The rupee rush minigames in Hi-Rule and Lo-Rule. That's enough to get me 19 heart containers right there. One of them is probably in the Cocatu minigame and another from the chest minigame. I've already got the one from the intermediate enemy pit. I still ned to unlock the nice lamp and nice net by completing the advanced trials (50 levels) twice. I should be able to clear it easily with the red mail + five blue potions. Either way that leaves two heart pieces in the wild, whereabouts unknown. There's still a couple of treasure chests in some caves somewhere that I couldn't be bothered with, though according to the strategy guide they were only gold or silver rupees so no loss. And yes I finally amassed 9999 rupees. Not much to do besides blow it on minigames or buy a golden bee. I'm not sure what happens if I bring a second golden bee to the bee keeper. He certainly can't award me a second bee badge, now can he? I got the first golde bee from the bum in a shack in the Lorule lost woods for 888 rupees, a far cry from the 9999 the shop keeper wants for it.

As for the shadow Links, I've gotten a couple of them. Early on i got my ass handed to me by a 270-point bounty with the grapple hook who kept pulling me in and chopping me to bits! Another one was a total newb with bounty of 50 (3 hearts and only the arrow to his name) that I easily defeated by torching him with the nice fire wand. That dropped his health almost to nothing so I finished him off with a super duper sword spin attack (thanks mother Malamai). The CPU is highly aggressive and I got whupped once or twice by a Link who was weaker than myself. Hell why don't you finish off all those weak Shadow Links for sport? You get achievements for KOs using different arsenal. Gotta get them all! As for my Shadow Link, the nice fire wand makes an excellent shield penetration (the oak shield is powerless agains it), and the nice tornado wand makes an excellent long range attack that simultaneously dodges projectiles by hovering over them. Red mail for 4x health? Try to defeat my 980 Link; I dare ya! I doubt I could defeat myself...

Either way, i'm gonna shelve the game for a while. I could care less about 100% honestly. Off to play my next Zelda quest, it's prequel, LOZ:LTTP on the original SNES, mua-ha-ha!

What type of router is it? We've been using DD-WRT for streetpassing on a couple of Linksys/Cisco routers.

when you say you "can't access" it, do you mean wired or wirelessly?

What I mean is that the default gateway is blank. Nothing comes up for the router when I type in "ipconfig /all". There's no IP address, and without an IP address, I can't access the DD-WRT menu. It just defaults to my Verizon mi-fi hotspot. Turning the hotspot off doesn't help; my computer can't find ANYTHING with it off.

The router is a Linksys E2000. When I plug it into my computer, it's recognized as an "unidentified network," and when it's not connected, it's recognized as "DD-WRT." The big problem is that I can't make the necessary changes to the router if the computer can't communicate with it. I'm wondering if it's been bricked. I'm pretty sure I tried a hard reset, but that went nowhere.

What I mean is that the default gateway is blank. Nothing comes up for the router when I type in "ipconfig /all". There's no IP address, and without an IP address, I can't access the DD-WRT menu. It just defaults to my Verizon mi-fi hotspot. Turning the hotspot off doesn't help; my computer can't find ANYTHING with it off.

The router is a Linksys E2000. When I plug it into my computer, it's recognized as an "unidentified network," and when it's not connected, it's recognized as "DD-WRT." The big problem is that I can't make the necessary changes to the router if the computer can't communicate with it. I'm wondering if it's been bricked. I'm pretty sure I tried a hard reset, but that went nowhere.

I have a spare E2000 that I was wanting to try DD-WRT on anyways. I'll let you know if I have any luck with it & what I managed to get it to do. Yours is probably not bricked; just needs to have the NVRAM reset (30/30/30) I bet.

Can you try manually entering in your info? If you've hard reset your router usually it'd default to an ip of probably 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.100.1 USUALLY.

Might be worth manually entering in your IP settings pointing to that as a Default Gateway (of course giving your PC an IP within the same subnet.. i.e. 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.100.2 and a subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and then try to ping the router and see if it responds..

<edit> Or yeah what was said above.. probably try that ultra hard reset. :P

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1