IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Well, instead of Mario 3D, I went with Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Not a bad game so far from my beginning play. Certainly different with the stickers you need to collect to attack with. Still so far a good game. Anyone else like/dislike this title?

I am actually really enjoying it.. A bit slow, but I don't mind taking my time.. Im in the 4th world now.

Feels a lot more like a cheap Zelda knockoff than a full fledged RPG, but I like it for what it is..

Its not for everyone Im sure.. This is actually the first in the Paper Mario series that I have played, so I didn't have super high standards coming into it..

I have Super Paper Mario RPG for my Wii as well, but I wanted a portable Paper Mario game. I've played the Gamecube version, and loved it. So far this game seems pretty good and is certainly different with the usage of stickers. Seems I'm always running out of them. lol

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of getting a 2DS plus a flash card so that I can run retro emulators such as StellaDS.

I don't know the details behind making a flash cart actually work on a 3DS/2DS, but I know that StellaDS was abandoned long before it gained enough speed to be enjoyable. You're better off with the two official DS releases, and Activision Anthology for GBA.

• Like 1

even though River King: Mystic Valley is very tedious, it's a very relaxing title that i find is most fun while i'm laying in bed for the night. i'm only 5 hours in and i'm sure i'm only somewhere around 10% complete (there is no % tracker). you have to be a certain type of gamer to enjoy this one, so i can't really recommend it. it's extremely slow-paced.

...and odd, as there are "monster children" that start off as blobs and then evolve into half human / half animal things that learn how to speak english and demand to eat certain types of fish that you catch. the game's hardest part is when you start off and you don't have a lure rod. it will take you forever to earn enough points to buy one from the shady guy in the corner of the forest. until then you be buying live bait for the bait rod. i still haven't purchased the fly rod or the really expensive rods that i have no clue what they do.

the main problem is figuring out which fish are where, and what time of day to find them. so maybe it's not so relaxing. haha!

• Like 1

even though River King: Mystic Valley is very tedious, it's a very relaxing title that i find is most fun while i'm laying in bed for the night. i'm only 5 hours in and i'm sure i'm only somewhere around 10% complete (there is no % tracker). you have to be a certain type of gamer to enjoy this one, so i can't really recommend it. it's extremely slow-paced.

I looked into this one after you mentioned it earlier, and it looks pretty interesting... I may have to track down a copy and see for myself...

• Like 1

I haven't fired up my 3DS in over a month due to gaming on other consoles/Vita. But I do know one thing: Nintendo collectors are going to go broke trying to keep up with all the damn Limited Edition 3DS's that Nintendo has released in the last year. Now I see that yet another one is coming out this week, a LE Green Yoshi 3DS.

Glad my collecting days are behind me!

As much as I'd love to get the collector's editions, I can't afford it. I'm focusing on just collecting the games. My bundle was Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon cobalt blue 3DS. Love the color. And the downloaded game is great, too. I constantly play this thing, and take it everywhere I go. It's my main gaming system. I don't think I've fired up my Wii in two months. I am trying to get a nice collection going of 3DS games. My next one will probably be Bravely Default, then I still have two Mario games to get...sigh.

Finished Heroes of Ruin and still working on Bravely Default (my RPG of the year). Will not finish that in a loooong time.

Currently waiting for Persona to come out on the 3DS (and P5 on PS3) and then I'll have a couple more RPG's to get through.

The special edition looks very cool:

http://kotaku.com/first-look-at-the-persona-branded-3ds-xl-1543671111

yd87maweo2e2nrawlss4.png

• Like 1

Glued to Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition!! This by no means, is a dumbed down port.. It is amazing.. I rarely play my games with the 3D on, but it is awesome in this game!!

Definitely have to recommend this to fans of Street Fighter.. Brand new on Amazon for less than $20..

Also, will be diving into Etrian Odyssey IV very soon... Can't wait!!

• Like 1

Glued to Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition!! This by no means, is a dumbed down port.. It is amazing.. I rarely play my games with the 3D on, but it is awesome in this game!!

Definitely have to recommend this to fans of Street Fighter.. Brand new on Amazon for less than $20.. .

I got it for ~$10 when Best Buy was clearing it out. Hard as **** to play on a standard 3DS! The circle pad is terrible for capcom fighters, but the placement of the d-pad requires a thumb-cramping death pinch to support the system's weight and control your character at the same time. You must have an XL.

Meanwhile, the wife is playing Dark Souls II on the PS3, so the 3DS is freed up again. I need to try to finish either Link Between Worlds or Shinobi 3D.

I got it for ~$10 when Best Buy was clearing it out. Hard as **** to play on a standard 3DS! The circle pad is terrible for capcom fighters, but the placement of the d-pad requires a thumb-cramping death pinch to support the system's weight and control your character at the same time. You must have an XL.

Yes, I guess I should mention that.. I never actually experienced the original 3ds. I went straight from a dsixl to a 3dsxl. But I can imagine it being a bit more difficult on the smaller system.

I'm thinking about the Yoshi XL, since I wanted a white one and they haven't released any that I like in the US yet, and this one's not bad.

Would have been 300 times cooler if they had made it all-white with green spots on it, though. I would have jumped on that immediately.

Doomwaves is right; Super SF IV is a fantastic game, much closer to the console versions than it has any right to be. FWIW, I have a standard 3DS and it plays pretty well even on that device. No complaints here!

I want to get some of the other 3DS fighters but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. Dead or Alive Dimensions, I believe, was based on DOA 4, a game I thoroughly hated.

• Like 1

Add me to the list of people loving Street Fighter IV, absolutely loving it.

Then again, it's Chun-li in 3D so I may be enjoying it for all the wrong reasons (wink).

Just got Sonic Racing Transformed for 3DS which I really like, even though it suffers a little from frame drops with 3D fully enabled.

But just like SFIV, my reason for getting the game was to see Ulala in 3D so again take my recommendation with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1