IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

I want to get some of the other 3DS fighters but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

I played DoA briefly on a friend's 3DS, was my first time holding one, so I was more interested in the 3D effect than the gameplay. I also grabbed a cheap copy of that Tekken game from Goodwill a while back...never played Tekken before, so I'm not sure about the gameplay (I'm mainly a SF/SoulCalibur guy), but if you're into that series, it comes with a 3D movie.

Just got Sonic Racing Transformed for 3DS which I really like, even though it suffers a little from frame drops with 3D fully enabled.

The demo had a poor framerate even in 2D mode. I was not impressed, seemed like they didn't put much effort into porting it.

About Yoshi 3DS. I thought he was talking about the game, not the actual handheld unit. I don't know when the handheld is coming out.

It's out ;) I bought one. Seems like the top screen is nicer than my old one; there's slightly less ghosting, the 3D effect seems stronger (might be a placebo), and on my old one, the colors would change (you could really see it in games with flat backgrounds, like in Mutant Mudds, if you jumped up and down, the sky would turn turqoise and then back again).

Took forever to do a system transfer, though. I thought it was actually wirelessly moving the files from one 3DS to the other, but at the end of the process, it told me to swap the SD cards. I'd hate to have to sit there and wait for that in a store or something. But everything seems to be working fine.

Now I just have to see if I can get the free Pokemon download code without screwing anything up...planning on trading it with a friend for his physical copy, not sure yet if it will work or if the free code is linked to your account. Also not sure if it will count because I already did the system transfer, so this new 3DS is probably already linked to my ClubNintendo. Got my fingers crossed.

Seems like the top screen is nicer than my old one; there's slightly less ghosting, the 3D effect seems stronger (might be a placebo), and on my old one, the colors would change (you could really see it in games with flat backgrounds, like in Mutant Mudds, if you jumped up and down, the sky would turn turqoise and then back again).

Scratch that, I feel stupid now. I was messing with my 3DS the other day, and went to change the brightness, and noticed that the power saving mode was not on. I turned it on, and realized that it makes everything look worse. I guess I never noticed on my old 3DS, when I turned it on and left it on ever since...

• 1 month later...

Anyone play that Mario Golf game yet? How is it?

There is a demo available on the eShop if you have Internet access. After playing that, I think that the 3DS version is very close to matching the superb Toadstool Tour (for GameCube). The visuals really pop, and it has an extensive variety of courses and gameplay styles. The full game also has online play, which should fit golf to a tee as lag is more or less irrelevant.

The only downside is that at times I found camera control difficult and couldn't track the full trajectory of my ball. I heard afterwards that there is a gyroscopic control option, but I haven't tried that out yet.

I've really never been a handheld fan but after spending time with the 3DS I can totally see myself sticking solely to handhelds in the future. The game and genre selections are just amazing and a reminder of how things used to be .

my most recent purchases are Mario Golf and the new Kirby, but they're both still sealed because i'm playing something on my Everdrive GB and it's taking me FOREVER to beat it since i'm playing it in spurts. it's Pokemon Blue. i never beat it before when i bought it new. somehow i managed to beat the 6th gym leader before even finding a way to get to the 5th one. i went in circles three or four times across the game world and i just found FLY on accident. and now i'm looking for the damn Safari section so i can hunt for some guy's dentures so that he will give me SURF.

i swear to god this game was made for hoarders, not kids. must. find. all. species.

I beat Zelda a few weeks ago, and then realized that it doesn't save your progress after you beat it =| So I had to reload my last save, go back into the final dungeon, get the red mail again, and then save. Got the final StreetPass accomplishment the other day. It doesn't look like anything really happens when you win the final battle?

...i'm playing something on my Everdrive GB...

I bought one too, high five!

Maybe we should start a "What are you playing on GB/GBC?" thread...

i swear to god this game was made for hoarders, not kids.

Yes.

Playing Bravely Default but I'm getting burnt out on it.

If anyone likes Atlus games they are on sale right now (I think 15 bucks each) on eshop:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor OC (nice turn based persona like game)

Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

Code of Princess

After giving up on Liberation Maiden (Lefthanders beware! ;)), I started playing "beat" from bit.trip saga yesterday. Seems to be the kind of game the seizure warnings are geared at ;)

BUMMER!! LM is a really great game..

• 3 weeks later...