IGNORED

Joystick adapter for emulators

Vorticon

Michael Zapf pointed the Yahoo group to this great little device made by a German company that allows you to use your original TI joystick (or equivalent) to play games on emulators. It comes as a kit which is very easy to build, and it really works as advertised.

Michael has tested it with MESS and I tested with Classic 99.

This really increases the level of authenticity when playing arcade games.

Here's the link: http://retro-donald.de/sinchai-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=105

Nice, although it lacks the original feel of a real TI accessory, which in my view is an important facet to classic gaming. But then, it's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it :)

The unfortunate thing about the authentic TI joysticks is that they wear out way too quickly! They also are probably the least comfortable-to-use joysticks in the world. I adapted other, better, longer-lasting joysticks to the TI joystick port in the late 80s, as I recall. I think I used a metal BandAid box to house my wiring and right and left joystick ports.

...lee

Nice, although it lacks the original feel of a real TI accessory, which in my view is an important facet to classic gaming. But then, it's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it :)

The unfortunate thing about the authentic TI joysticks is that they wear out way too quickly! They also are probably the least comfortable-to-use joysticks in the world. I adapted other, better, longer-lasting joysticks to the TI joystick port in the late 80s, as I recall. I think I used a metal BandAid box to house my wiring and right and left joystick ports.

...lee

hehe. My first TI Joystick was a dual-stick remote from a toy wired remote controlled car (so one stick was up/down, the other was left/right). The fire button was salvaged from an old keyboard and hacked it. Much later I added a ColecoVision controller as joystick 2 (the keypad was inactive). That was when I learned you needed the diodes to use two sticks. ;)

• Like 1

Back in the day, I had this third party 2600 adapter that allowed the use of one joystick only. Years later, scored the official dual TI sticks and yeah... They were horribly uncomfortable. Years after that, finally got the Wico dual 2600 adapter, so to me, using 2600 joysticks on a TI is natural and the way to go! :thumbsup:

Back in the day, I had this third party 2600 adapter that allowed the use of one joystick only. Years later, scored the official dual TI sticks and yeah... They were horribly uncomfortable. Years after that, finally got the Wico dual 2600 adapter, so to me, using 2600 joysticks on a TI is natural and the way to go! :thumbsup:

See, and I thought the Atari 2600 joysticks were worse than the original TI ones! IMHO, the Prostick II is still my favorite. I got one brand new from Texintreasures.com before the site was placed under perpetual maintenance... It's a classic shape, but very solid and responsive.