IGNORED

Where is all the CGE 2K12 pictures?

Rev

I will be posting everything in the next day or so. It was a great event. I got a lot of pictures, HD videos of selected speakers, coverage of the CG Museum, and some live UStream stuff (although the video on that is a little choppy). I will post links here once everything is edited and up.

cool! thanks!

Thanks for the pictures. I've been surprised at the lack of posts.

Is there a list of new games that were released at CGE this year?

Well, it's probably because CGE was so low key this year. I don't think CGE Services actually did any new releases as far as I could tell. Atari Age also wasn't present this year. There were a surprising number of professional vendors (16 total I believe), but a lot of just bulk junk at some of them unfortunately. There also wasn't a swap meet as far as I could tell and attendance seemed lower than in the past, although I can't really be sure since it's always a personal visual measurement and I've never seen any real numbers released. The museum was nice, but the speaker panels were almost all duplicates of past panels and the room was weird. I would rank this below average among the CGEs I have attended and I have attended all but one since the beginning.

Thanks for the pictures. I've been surprised at the lack of posts.

Is there a list of new games that were released at CGE this year?

Well, it's probably because CGE was so low key this year. I don't think CGE Services actually did any new releases as far as I could tell. Atari Age also wasn't present this year. There were a surprising number of professional vendors (16 total I believe), but a lot of just bulk junk at some of them unfortunately. There also wasn't a swap meet as far as I could tell and attendance seemed lower than in the past, although I can't really be sure since it's always a personal visual measurement and I've never seen any real numbers released. The museum was nice, but the speaker panels were almost all duplicates of past panels and the room was weird. I would rank this below average among the CGEs I have attended and I have attended all but one since the beginning.

I didnt get to go this year, but my brother did. It's funny his comments were a lot like yours. He went both days and thought attendance was lower too. He commented that there seemed to be more store vendors, and less people just renting a table to sell. He thought the panels were subpar compared to past years. He said he enjoyed it, but like you, thought previous shows were better. Regardless, I'll definetely be there next year!

Edited by BadHornet