IGNORED

Dust: An Elysian Tail

onlysublime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg81GcutanQ

anyone else playing this game? It's such a beautiful game. And it's just amazing that one guy did this entire game (though he did have 1 audio guy). The guy wasn't even a programmer by trade and had to learn how to program to make this game happen. Kind of harkens back to the simpler days like the 2600 where a guy could do everything. Also puts to shame much larger programming teams that took far longer to get their game out (*cough* Fez *cough*).

Edited by onlysublime

Is Fez not worth it? This is currently on my XBLA 'need to buy' list. Normally would have had it by now, but I usually go pretty dormant with gaming for the summer (with the current of exception of hitting all the Halo games pre-Halo 4 launch, which has kind of brought me back into gaming a bit earlier than usual). Since I already purchased Iron Brigade I think now it's down to Alan Wake's A.N. and Fez. And Stacking :)

The things I have against Fez are trivial. Don't let it stop you from getting it if you're interested. It's a heavy puzzle game that just didn't click for me. I played the demo and that was enough. I didn't like the guys who made the game, especially the lead guy. He just had this arrogant, flippant tone throughout all his blogs and interviews that really irritated me. Just get the game done and release it. Don't call your customers names. Don't blame everyone and anyone for why your game was delayed time after time.

But Dust is an amazing game!!!! That is more in the vein of what I like.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Dust is a really great game. I didn't really realize that there was only really one guy behind it, so that really impresses me even more. A lot more. If you like Metroidvania-type games, this is one of those Live Arcade purchases that I had absolutely no problems paying full price for.

Fez isn't bad. I really like the art style and play mechanics, but it just didn't grab me (sometimes paths become vague, so I started to get bored with it). I just think they kind of overhyped the game too early and then ran into some roadblocks along the way. As for Fish (the developer), the guy has a propensity for sticking his feet (both of them) in his mouth. At first I thought he was getting a bad rap, and actually kind of felt for the guy after watching Indie Game: The Movie, but as far as I can tell now, he's earned his reputation, and then some. I likely won't be buying anything else from Polytron.

Edited by Karyyk
  • Like 1