IGNORED

USB loadergx = Gamecube

cimerians

Just a quick question about all this Wii homebrew stuff.

My Wii is not modded or anything and it doesn't have the Homebrew channel. One issue I have with regular purchasable Wii Virtual Console games is the fact that they assume I am running my TV in old fashioned 4x3 mode so when I play NES Donkey Kong on my big screen TV everything is stretched. Do any of the homebrew solutions automatically adjust screen size? If I played an NES rom on one of the homebrew channels do they know to put black bars on either side of the screen if I am running my TV in widescreen mode?

I'm not sure if I want to go down the rabbit hole of the Homebrew channel and screen ratio is a major consideration for me so any info people can provide would be appreciated.

Nintendo Virtual Console games use a special 240i mode. Which explains the screensize weirdness. The homebrew emu's support it as well as several other screensetups (including 16:9 display) as well. You just have to go into the display settings for them and pick the one you want.

• 2 months later...

Anyone get Gamecube game loading from USB working via Dios

Mios (2.5), for either USB LoaderGX or Configurable USB Loader?

Have the newest versions of both programs (3.0 for GX, and

v49 for CUL), and used WAD Manager to load Dios Mios, but USB

LoaderGX (with FAT32 HDD) still wants to load Gamecube Games

to SD card. And CUL is refusing to install GC games now. Any

insight would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone get Gamecube game loading from USB working via Dios

Mios (2.5), for either USB LoaderGX or Configurable USB Loader?

Have the newest versions of both programs (3.0 for GX, and

v49 for CUL), and used WAD Manager to load Dios Mios, but USB

LoaderGX (with FAT32 HDD) still wants to load Gamecube Games

to SD card. And CUL is refusing to install GC games now. Any

insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm only familiar with USBLoader GX

See post #9 earlier in this thread for USB Loader GX and other issues etc.

Here is my post:

Just go into settings in USB loader GX and point it to the right drive. The setting is called: GC Main Game

GameCube Main Path: This is the path where the games are ripped to.

GameCube SD Path: This is the path used to launch the games from.

Just change the first one to USB:\Games (create a folder in there called Games or whatever unless you want all the gamecube games ripped to the root.)

The second one just leave at SD:\

Not having any difficulty ripping Gamecube games using USB LoaderGx.

Switched to beta version of USB LoaderGx (r1203). It doesn't prompt

for loading USB games to SD anymore, but when Gamecube games are

launched (and Dios Mios is supposed to kick in, to run Gamecube games

from USB), all I get is a black screen, for any Gamecube game I try.

• 2 weeks later...

...all I get is a black screen, for any Gamecube game I try.

Same here. I think I know what's wrong with mine, though. Not sure how your HDD is formatted, but mine has a WBFS partition first, then FAT32... apparently Dios Mios doesn't like that. So I'm just going to wait until DM is updated to support that sort of partitioning.

WiiFlow seems to work. I've been having issues running games off USB using USB loader GX and now I switched to Wiiflow as my loader. Much better. You guys may want to try Wii flow out because the latest version supports DIOS MIOS.

Here's instructions on installing DIOS MIOS and Wiiflow. If you have DIOS MIOS already installed just skip to Wiiflow on the bottom....it's as simple as placing it in your apps folder and your done.

Install Latest DIOS MIOS (do not install DMlite, thats for SD card support only)

Latest is here: http://code.google.c.../Downloads?tm=2

- Place DIOS MIOS in your SD wad folder

Use a Wad Manager to install DIOS MIOS

- Waninkoko's is good: http://filetrip.net/...-17-f11391.html

(place in SD apps folder and run Wad Manager from HBC and install the DIOS MIOS Wad above)

Install Wiiflow:

Latest is 4.04: http://code.google.c....4.zip&can=2&q=

(Just place it in your SD Apps folder and run it from homebrew channel.)

Once in Wii Flow go to settings and select USB1 or USB2 (it points to the SD slot by default)

In Wii flow move the cursor to the bottom of the screen and you will see a GameCube icon. Click this icon to switch to a list of Gamecube games on your USB drive.

For USB Loader GX issues like reboots and possibly the black screen check this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/dios-mios-2-5-usb-loader-gx.338280/

Edited by cimerians

^ did all of that, still doesn't work. WiiFlow will only recognize the Wii games on my hard drive, not the GCN titles or the other channels like USBLoaderGX does.

You had the issue where it was asking to copy to SD right?

If so:

Just make sure you have DIOS MIOS (DM) installed and not DIOS MIOS light (DML). DM supports USB drives and DML only does SD. Thats why it asks you to copy.

You can tell by going into USBLOADER GX and checking the ABOUT or CREDITS button (cant remember). You will see DM or DML version number.

Also, the latest full version of USBLOADER GX which is 3.0 only supports DIOS MIOS lite if I read correctly so grab a beta version for DM support.

Clicking update in USBLOADER GX will only update to the latest stable build. You need to manual upgrade for beta's.

Edited by cimerians

• 3 years later...