IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #6 Popeye

Have you ate your spinach today? I certainly hope you have, as the next game is the one and only Popeye!

Good luck to all...

Game Choice is up to player

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 @ 10:30am Eastern. Good luck!

Current Scoreboard for Game - Popeye * FINAL *

1. Patbb - 94,300 ( +10 )
  2. Liduario - 92,400 ( +9 )
  3. cparsley - 43,800 ( +8 )
  4. JacobZu7 - 42,500 ( +6 )
  5. Rick Reynolds - 26,700 ( +4 )
  6. roadrunner - 23,400 ( +2 )
  7. jblenkle - 20,000 ( +1 )
  8. RangerG - 17,100 ( +1 )

HSC LEADERBOARD (Season #3 - After 5 games )

1. JacobZu7 - 44
  2. jblenkle - 30 (tied)
  3. Patbb - 30 (tied)
  4. roadrunner - 26
  5. cparsley - 19
  6. RangerG - 15
  7. skosh - 10 (tied)*
  8. INTVDude - 10 (tied)*
  9. Rick Reynolds - 6 (tied)-
  10. cmart604 - 6 (tied)-
  11. zylon - 3
  12. gezkc - 2
  13. JasonlikesINTV - 1
  14. thegoldenband - 1
  15. 1980gamer - 1
  16. BillyHW - 1

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1

Thanks to cparsley and jacob for letting me pick Popeye.

I'm starting right now.

1) 29,200 (08/19)

Hey is that the one i sent you?

Yes, it is! Do you play in the Intellivision HSC too?

Edit--> Just saw the leaderboard from previous round and your name isnt there.

C'mon let's battle for the high score!

I'm very happy with your Intellivision and with Popeye. I had the Atari 2600 version when I was a kid.

I remember my cousin saying there was a water bucket and it could drop in Brutus. I just said there wasn't any water bucket...

25 years after I can see what he was saying.

Even my cousin, who once saw the game, didn't know it was from Intellivision, not from the Atari game.

I don't know if Twin Galaxies are accepting scores for Intellivision but I don't want to record my led TV with smartphone and don't be accepted because I forgot to film my Intellivision or because they don't accept led TVs. And I don't know if they have referees for the Intellivision...

In Atari 2600 AA member rmaerz invited players to post in Retrocade Magazine. Today I checked for Intellivision and they have it too!

So when I'm playing in the real hardware a HSC in AA, I always check Retrocade to post there when I can beat the top score ;)

For Popeye the top is:

Our current top score is much better: 81,200 by ed1475 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think Jacob just want to be sure about settings.

Level 1 is better, IMHO, because it gives all skill players a good time playing. Difficulty rises when you start again if I'm not wrong.

I can see an advantage of starting in harder levels. There are more bottles to punch, especially in first stage. People who can't pass the boat stage could make more points in harder settings due to more bottles.

But I keep thinking we should play only Game 1.

But, in case cparsley accepts any level at the choice of the player, please inform your difficult level. That way we can keep the High scores of all time thread correct.

Holy cow! I've never really played this game very much, and I doubt it'll become one of my favorites. The controls are pretty terrible!

This game use only 4 directions. So, when you want to go up or down the stairs you have to press up or down, not diagonal.

The punch could have being faster, when you're between 2 bottles it's very difficult to hit both. You have to move in the direction of one bottle and make sure you have time to turn around and punch the other. In the arcade version you can punch very fast ... but you can have 5-6 bottles moving in you direction at the same time.