IGNORED

Quick game of GT5? 5 hours updating and counting.

Seob

Last saturday i bought Gran Turismo 5. Thought about a quick play when i got home, and how i could be so wrong. I first have to download 17!! updates, a few 1Gb a lot between 100 and 200Mb. My ps3 has been turned on for 5 hours and i still have to download 4 more updates.

It's just like i'm downloading the whole game. Sorry Sony, but this is crazy. Just make one update, because i get the impression that a few updates are just updates for older updates.

Wow, that sounds really lame. I still haven't bought the game... it never came down enough to suit me, considering they never figured out how to eliminate Tearing from the reviews I read. Sorry Sony, GTA 1-4 called and they want their non tearing experience back.

I don't understand how anyone supported that game, at the demo level (was a big enough joke), but then it comes out with tearing and other framerate issues, after being in development for soooo long... sorry, they failed,and it looks like I'll be skipping out on part 5 which feels ridiculous to me because I own the other 4, and they're all such awesome games.

360 took the edge driving wise (for me) with watchamadoodle part 3 (4 looks rad, but more same of 3, so I'll stick with 3)... Forza. Locked V-Sync, incredibly reliable frame rates, tons of cars/tracks.... pretty much what I was hoping GT5 to be.

If the Tears get to be too much for you, and you end up selling GT5 ('if' you haven't chcked out F. 3 yet), then you should definitely take a look at Forza 3. I don't know if 4 maintains all the pros of 3 or not... I'm sticking with 3, I've put 30-40 hrs in, and have barely scratched the surface. Got that one for $20 at Frys... and GT5 is still at $40... go figure.

bought gt 5 because it was only 19 euro, the original version, not the platinum. Been playing L.A.Noire on the 360 last few weeks, so forgot the ridiculus long download times on the ps3. Microsoft really has they're upgrades better figured out. Maybe they learned that because of all the trouble with vista. Microsof is really better at the download section.

GT5 was shipped very broken and without some of the features listed on the box. It's been updated more than any game I know of to fix some of that, as well as to add DLC. (thought not the missing box features) It doesn't help that the playstation network's only patch server seems to be one very overloaded commodore 64.

Just to get the latest two patches I had to let it run over night. I just wanted to put in a couple quick laps on a saturday night a couple weeks ago. I waited for it for nearly three hours before just going to the bar instead. Correct decision was made.

Unfortunately, xbox doesn't support standard wheels, so I'm stuck with GT5.

Edited by Reaperman

I'm a racing fan and I have GT5 and other PS3 racing games which I play with my Logitech steering wheel. The one thing that prevented me to switch to XBOX is bad support for the wheels, there are no decent steering wheels for Xbox, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a racing fan and I have GT5 and other PS3 racing games which I play with my Logitech steering wheel. The one thing that prevented me to switch to XBOX is bad support for the wheels, there are no decent steering wheels for Xbox, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fanatec makes some decent ones, unfortunately they start around $350, so I'll stick with my G25 and ps3.

That white wheel for 360 is a real piece of garbage.

I have the Logitech Pro, when it came out for GT4, works great attached to my Playseat :)

As far as the GT5, I noticed that I have more fun playing the N4S Shift then GT5. Gt5 feel like a chore that you need to do. Shift is a racing excitement, action all around you, AI makes mistakes, crashes, close calls, I like it.

One thing that sony is doing right is to let you use off the shelf parts / peripherals, like controllers, hard drives.

Try that on XBOX.

(right on)

If everyone would have simply boycotted M. when they first released the 360.... M. would have had to change their policy at a huge financial loss, and they would not have attempted such silly policies again. Too bad everyone supported them regardless.

The power to change policies and shape companies is within the grasp of the Consumer... if they would only decide to use said power, how amazing things would be for the consumer in the end is anyones guess.

Edited by Protoplasym