IGNORED

Would you buy Space War for Intellivision?

vprette

38 members have voted

1. 1. Want to see Space War on Intellivision?

• Yes, I would buy it for sure
    • Maybe
    • Not interested

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Space War is the father of videogames. It is a two-player game, with each player taking control of a spaceship and attempting to destroy the other. A star in the centre of the screen pulls on both ships and requires maneuvering to avoid falling into it.

Versions for VCS, amiga and other platform appeared, and I guess it would be a great title for Intellivision!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!

below the boxart I already have available for this potential project... waiting for your feedbacks

spacewar

Edited by vprette

Space War is the father of videogames. It is a two-player game, with each player taking control of a spaceship and attempting to destroy the other. A star in the centre of the screen pulls on both ships and requires maneuvering to avoid falling into it.

Versions for VCS, amiga and other platform appeared, and I guess it would be a great title for Intellivision!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!

below the boxart I already have available for this potential project... waiting for your feedbacks

It's a rather simple game. I would buy it, but it needs to be enhanced to more than the original. Otherwise, it's just like Pong or Space Invaders.

By the way, I like those pictures you post, like this one and the one for "When Empires Collide." Do you make them yourself, or are they "stock" images?

I especially like the Empires one, it actually inspired an entire story in my mind, which is why I suggested the three-stage game.

-dZ.

By the way, I like those pictures you post, like this one and the one for "When Empires Collide." Do you make them yourself, or are they "stock" images?

I especially like the Empires one, it actually inspired an entire story in my mind, which is why I suggested the three-stage game.

-dZ.

those are made by professional artist and I have bought

the game concept is simple but the gameplay is appealing and open to enrichment... at the moment there is not a programmer engaged to develop it, but discussion is started

Edited by vprette

I would be interested if there where several game variations. You could have a couple of the variations being the original game and other variations being updated enhanced versions of the games. It would be really cool if one version was a one player endurance mode. As you are battling the different spaceships in true intellivision style you would encounter harder space ships to battle at different score intervals. It would also be neat if on later levels you see some cameos of some intellivision characters such as the space hawk, comet (from space hawk), perhaps the running man frozen in a block of ice, etc. If you are able to shoot these you get a good score bonus.

• Like 2

I would suggest that if the game's released it will sell. I've been sucked in to buying the Homebrews just like the rest.

I'd like to see a one player option in the game as well (no one to play 2 player games against yet). Although if programming different enemies were to be too limiting on a release (ie take up too much time) increasing the gravity effect of the sun would increase the challenge.

Edited by stc2009

I think this is one of those games like Intellipongola, whereas it's a really cool and fun game to play, but not something many people would pay for unless it were enhanced into a more well-rounded game than the old-school Pong. (Which is something Catsfolly is doing exceptionally well with his new Paddle Party!)

Valter is right, Space War is the grandfather of space shoot-'em-up games, and it was very good for its time, but later games have two things going for it that Space War lacks: more depth and sophistication, and the nostalgia factor of having played it on your favorite console as a kid.

That's why I suggest that, even if the original is included, a more sophisticated variant is as well.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please original or nothing!(I know that is pretty much impossible but i can dream can't i)

What do you mean "original" and "pretty much impossible"? The Intellivision should have no trouble replicating it (minus the vector graphics, of course), but original is one of the very first video games and is kind of lame by itself. It's more like a mini-game.

-dZ.

• 5 months later...

I would most likely pay for it. If it had player-vs-computer then definitely. If it had really good looking non-flickering graphics (beyond the sticklike mono original Space War) and sound, then definitely. If it did not have both of those things, then "probably".

When I haul out my DreamCast on occasion, a game called "Dr. X-Lax" gets a lot of play, simply because it is easy to pick up and basically *fun*.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

For this game to be compelling enough for me, it would need to incorporate all the options (along with any new improvements) of the Cinematronics game, where you select the different features with the keypad. Do this, don't make the sun/black hole/sprites too large and have a single player option and I'd be in! :)