IGNORED

1541OS Aquarius Extended Basic issue

Aquaman

Okay, I couldn't wait. I tried it in Virtual Aquarius, using the original 1541OS ROM dump from the Yahoo! group, and I'm seeing the same error:

1541bug.png

So far it looks like a bug in the original ROM, or else a bad dump. If that is so, it would probably happen on the Aquaricart also, although I'll have to wait to get home this evening to try it.

I'm not going to have time to troubleshoot this myself, but if/when this bug is corrected, I can certainly include it in a patched Aquaricart ROM. (The Aquaricart is not field upgradeable, however, so I'll have to send a new chip to those who want the patch, or exchange the cartridge board.)

I got the same errormessage as well. Well spotted!

Just the simple command DRAW "BM30,40" will give the FC error.

Are you using the ROM on the Virtual Aquarius or the AquariCart?

It would require an update on the AquariCart to have it fixed.

Regs,

Martin

I must admit I stumbled on it using the Virtual Aquarius and haven't tested it on a real one yet.

Okay, I couldn't wait. I tried it in Virtual Aquarius, using the original 1541OS ROM dump from the Yahoo! group, and it fails there, too:

post-3819-0-31509500-1346351995_thumb.png

It looks like a bug in the original ROM, or else a bad dump. I'm not going to have time to troubleshoot it myself, but if/when this bug is corrected, I'll be glad to package it into an updated Aquaricart ROM for anyone who wants one. (The Aquaricart is not field upgradeable, however, so I'll have to send you a new chip or exchange the cartridge board when the time comes.)

This is a very nice gesture, but if the problem is going to be solved just put the "new" ROM in one of your future projects like the mini-expander II perhaps? In my opinion this would make more sense, because for BASIC programming (also without the DRAW function) the OS1541 version is the best offering for the Aquarius mainly due to having joystick control.

This is a very nice gesture, but if the problem is going to be solved just put the "new" ROM in one of your future projects like the mini-expander II perhaps? In my opinion this would make more sense, because for BASIC programming (also without the DRAW function) the OS1541 version is the best offering for the Aquarius mainly due to having joystick control.

Let me try it in the Aquaricart this evening, to see for sure if this is an issue with the 1541OS ROM or with the emulator (although I still suspect the former).

It would be difficult to integrate a fix to this particular ROM with an unrelated project like the Mini Expander II. I tacked it onto the Aquaricart as a "freebie" because I knew that the hand controller support and other additions to BASIC would be nice to have on the real hardware. If I was to integrate it with another product, I'd want to get rid of the 1541-specific features and add other features that are relevant to the product. I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to do that, but I'll think over the alternatives.

Let me try it in the Aquaricart this evening, to see for sure if this is an issue with the 1541OS ROM or with the emulator (although I still suspect the former).

It would be difficult to integrate a fix to this particular ROM with an unrelated project like the Mini Expander II. I tacked it onto the Aquaricart as a "freebie" because I knew that the hand controller support and other additions to BASIC would be nice to have on the real hardware. If I was to integrate it with another product, I'd want to get rid of the 1541-specific features and add other features that are relevant to the product. I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to do that, but I'll think over the alternatives.

In understand. Just see what is possible! Everything you come up with in future projects is appreciated!!

I thought I started a disassembly of the 1540 ROM ages ago but was not able to find it (anymore?).

I do have an unfinished Extended Basic disassembly as well, I could do a compare between both to see why it is jumping to the FC error.

This would indeed be something worth trying. Maybe DRAW was sacrificied to get the other commands inside, but no mentioning can be found regarding this?

I think I have found the problem. The DRAW command has been overwritten by approx. 50 bytes.

The big question is if these 50 bytes belong to another subproces. If so, than I can move it to another (unused) memory area.

First I need to check if there are any calls or jumps into these mysterious area.

Then I can fix the code by using the DRAW command from Extended Basic

• Like 1