IGNORED

2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo! Who will be there?

I will have more, but here are just a few off my phone. I will try to paint a picture of this event in just six pics:

post-26465-0-47846200-1349061887_thumb.jpg

All of this was one auction item; the "instant collection"

post-26465-0-33886600-1349061902_thumb.jpg

Folks enjoying the pinball section of the freeplay arcade

post-26465-0-35929300-1349061913_thumb.jpg

A just completed perfect score on Bubble Bobble

post-26465-0-42615800-1349061922_thumb.jpg

A blurry pic of a Inty keyboard compnent; this is not the one that sold for 3K at the auction

post-26465-0-74662600-1349061932_thumb.jpg

Cebus said he couldnt find anything to buy, I guess he missed this item that seems just pefrect for him

post-26465-0-35105100-1349061948_thumb.jpg

I asked the Golem if he had anyone knock him down for the 25 EXP yet, he said no and lumbered off quickly.

I will rotate / fix these later, just wanted to givve you something!

• Like 2

PRGE_2012-2b.jpg

The AtariAge booth was the 1st thing you see when you walk in the doors.

PRGE_2012-3b.jpg

Lots of stations setup to play 2600, 7800 & Jaguar home brew games. Plus t-shirts and a lot more.

PRGE_2012-5b.jpg

The arcade & pinball free play area was really impressive. Rows and rows of games and it always seemed busy. People loved it.

• Like 2

No pics.. I didn't bring a camera.

Just got back home In Seattle.

Kudos to the organizers. It was very well attended. Great people, as usual. AA had a nice booth and some really nice new releases. The arcade was unbelievable. I spent a a great deal of time there. More that I have in the past at any game expo ... thanks to Ground Control and others... I can't wait until after work tommorow to play some of my new games.. teh new homebrews adn Tempest 5200! The music was very well done and hosted, nice to meet several developers and folks in the industry. The atomoshere was just really nice, relaxing and enjoyable.

If I get a chance, I'll post a nice report.

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

Looks like it was a lot of fun, and sounded like a ton of exhibitors. Did anyone who attended this also go to the Vegas CGE? I went to that this year for the first time, and had fun, but was expecting a lot more vendors. I'm curious how this compared.

Would also love to see more pics of the AA booth for anyone who took some. I did the art for Debro's Pac-Man 4K box/manual/cart, and just wanted to see how the booth banner turned out. :)

Would also love to see more pics of the AA booth for anyone who took some. I did the art for Debro's Pac-Man 4K box/manual/cart, and just wanted to see how the booth banner turned out. :)

I'll see if I can go through the photos I took and post them in the morning. Probably took several hundred of the AtariAge booth..

..Al

Looks like it was a lot of fun, and sounded like a ton of exhibitors. Did anyone who attended this also go to the Vegas CGE? I went to that this year for the first time, and had fun, but was expecting a lot more vendors. I'm curious how this compared.

I got a picture with the banner in the background, which is the same as the box art:

post-33183-0-92892400-1349121698_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sprybug