IGNORED

2012 Portland Retro Gaming Expo! Who will be there?

Sure was a great show! The Mega-cade was fantastic -- got to play Battlezone and Star Castle for the first time in about 25 years. Nice job by everyone involved, and I hope I can make it to next year's show as well.

That was my Battlezone!

BTW: The live band that played during Saturday afternoon...was absolutely incredible! Very tight and spot on with their rock & jazz renditions of video game themes. I was blown away! What is the name of that band, and do they have music you can download?!

Road Warriors the PRGE exclusive Atari 2600 game sold out. There might possibly be a cart only second edition version of the game offered in the future on the programmers website, but its still up in the air. I would like to say thank you to all who supported the project :). The show had a ton of great deals on atari games and systems. I was very happy. The atariage setup was fantastic and picked up several titles :)

That was my Battlezone!

Well, on behalf of everyone who played it (especially the kid in the photo, below, who was on it just about every time I looked), let me say THANK YOU for allowing it to be used at the expo. I used to play Battlezone at the Southwest Missouri State University campus union basement bowling alley back in 1980-1981. My best score back then was 997,000 points -- Got taken out by a missile right after I looked up and realized I was about to hit a million points! ARRGGGH! :mad:

GamesWithBattlezone-Sm.jpg

Al-the AtariAge booth looked awesome...wish I could have been there!

It was a lot of fun, and many AtariAge members stopped by (some whom I hadn't met before). It was a hell of a lot of work getting ready for the show, but well worth it in the end! I do need to get some more 2600, 5200 and 7800 systems modified for composite / s-video, though! And next year I may need to bring a larger vehicle so I can bring more displays and systems. :)

..Al

Had an absolute blast at the show. Also, the music CD in the Road Warrior package is awesome! My buddy and I were rocking out to it on the way home.

By the way, I thought I saw something on a whiteboard about the next RGE being in Seattle. Does anyone know anything about this?

Edited by Cankerwurm

Actually next one should be the Kelso Charity Event(Cowlitz Gamers for Kids) and the one I created. We had about 500 folks at this smaller show . This is sponsored by PRGE and I consider it smaller version of the larger PRGE show. This event helped raise 5,000 for a local charity(Childrens Justice and Advocacy Center). One day event held on a Sat. The show will be around late March, Early April of 2013. We had a very large venue in the Kelso Mall and hope to return with more vendors, arcade machines, and fun. Here are some pics of last years event

http://cowlitzgamers...m/expo-2012.php

Edited by swlovinist

Actually next one should be the Kelso Charity Event(Cowlitz Gamers for Kids) and the one I created. We had about 500 folks at this smaller show . This is sponsored by PRGE and I consider it smaller version of the larger PRGE show. This event helped raise 5,000 for a local charity(Childrens Justice and Advocacy Center). One day event held on a Sat. The show will be around late March, Early April of 2013. We had a very large venue in the Kelso Mall and hope to return with more vendors, arcade machines, and fun. Here are some pics of last years event

Sounds awesome! A little closer to where I live than Portland. Thanks!

Hope you get that space again, it was nice with room to grow. One suggestion while I am thinking about it; could you put the freeplay and arcade in the back so folks have to go past the vendors to get there? We really are spoiled in this area with so many great events to attend.

For those of you looking for AtariAge T-Shirts, I've just added them back to the store. I've also added Maroon shirts for the first time. You can find them here:

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=62

I only have two 2XL shirts for those looking for them, so they won't last long. Had more, but they sold at the show.

..Al