IGNORED

Sparticus Legends - F2P from Ubisoft

onlysublime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYx7pvHmryQ&feature=player_embedded

an upcoming F2P fighter from Ubisoft. reminds me of Conan (love Conan!!!!) but it's closer to Deadliest Warrior which I never played. but it's just so... brown...

http://www.starz.com/spartacuslegends

Spartacus® Legends is the first ever free-to-play fighting game launching on Xbox Live® Online Entertainment Network and Playstation®Network coming Winter 2013.

Utilizing the free-to-play model, Spartacus Legends offers gamers an opportunity to jump into an accessible fighting game. It follows the journey of gladiators, from gut-wrenching training to raw, visceral combat in the arena, usually ending in death. Impose your will on the competition, rise through the global ranks and become legendary in battle. Featuring thousands of ruthless weapon combinations and a robust skill system, Spartacus Legends allows you to customize your gladiators and mercilessly dismember your enemies, limb by limb. Challenge your friends, your foes or the worldwide leaderboards, online or offline, to forge your destiny and fight for your house honor. Two men enter the arena, will you come out alive?

http://www.joystiq.c...o-play-on-xbla/

Spartacus Legends is the first third-party entry in Microsoft's free-to-play pilot program on XBLA, following Ascend: New Gods and Happy Wars.

Outside of combat, players can develop their own staple of warriors in Spartacus Legends and control their progress, equipping them with personal weapons and training them in one of eight different fighting styles.

I spent some time playing it during Ubisoft's unveiling event and, at first glance, it's very reminiscent of Deadliest Warrior – though combatants in Spartacus Legends can withstand a lot more punishment. The combat is more combo-focused, so you won't lose an arm with a single swipe.

It's a bit less realistic, but since permadeath is in play you may be glad fighters can take more of a beating. Yes, once your gladiator dies, he's dead forever.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/6/3296160/spartacus-legends-goes-free-to-play-on-xbla

The upcoming title focuses on accessibility for users new to the game, and ensures that competition will remain fair by offering high-tier items for purchase which can only be used if the player has gained enough fame in-game.

Those playing can take on the role of Spartacus, Crixus, or a customized gladiator, and fight in both offline and online multiplayer while attempting to rank on the worldwide leaderboard.

Edited by onlysublime

Yes, once your gladiator dies, he's dead forever.

Interesting.

Reminds me of HARDCORE mode in Diablo 2.

Very few mainstream games offer something like this.

I'll have to admit though, it's too similar to Deadliest Warrior to warrant purchase at full price! (I only paid 200 MSP for DW and I'm not convince I got my $$ worth)

it'll be fun until somebody hacks it and does instant kills on everyone or somesuch.

Has there been an issue with hacked online games on Live or the PSN?

I asked because I don't think I've ever heard of any, but admittedly haven't been playing online much these days.

lots of hacked games, especially games that have been abandoned by developers as they moved onto newer projects. like lots of people cheating in Left 4 Dead 1/2.

Wow No shit!?

Hmmmmm Thanks xg4bx and onlysublime for bringing this to my attention. I guess I'm outta the loop. I'll blame it on the busy summer, and the fact I've only been focused on first Skyrim, and then Divinity 2 for like months and months! RPGs take up too much of my life I guess.