IGNORED

Floppy transfert... HELP !

moulinaie

Hello,

I'll have maybe a PEB in the next weeks. But, using floppies require some transferts!

So, I took an old 5"1/4 drive and opened my PC, put the new flat cable, chained the 5"1/4 to the existing 3"1/2... reboot... DEL to open BIOS SETUP..... and.... Damned!

My new BIOS can only handle ONE drive !!! No more drive B:....

And I need the 3"1/2 one !!!

So, my question is... what solutions?

I imagine this..:

1) using theRS232 but the TI is far from my PC in another room.

2) changing the 5"1/4 in the PEB for a 3"1/2: but can I use a 1.44Mo drive ? I don't have 720K drives anymore.

3) adding a PCI card in my PC that would handle the floppies./.. but does this exist????

Any help is welcome,

Guillaume.

hi Mulinaie !

i purchased an HxC SD for my PEB, this is an Floppy Drive Emulator Card...

i convert the software from PC to SD Card and using the SD Card on the PEB, it work very good and it's fantastic to have hunderds virtual floppy in the PEB ! :D

you can see the card in this website:

http://hxc2001.free....DFloppyemulator

if you have your own floppy disk to convert you cand do it directly with the TI99 and the PEB...

you insert the floppy disk in the PEB's Drive and copy the contents of the disk in the virtual SD floppy Image...

it's easy... very easy...

;)

Edited by ti99userclub

hi Mulinaie !

i purchased an HxC SD for my PEB, this is an Floppy Drive Emulator Card...

i convert the software from PC to SD Card and using the SD Card on the PEB, it work very good and it's fantastic to have hunderds virtual floppy in the PEB ! :D

you can see the card in this website:

http://hxc2001.free....DFloppyemulator

if you have your own floppy disk to convert you cand do it directly with the TI99 and the PEB...

you insert the floppy disk in the PEB's Drive and copy the contents of the disk in the virtual SD floppy Image...

it's easy... very easy...

;)

Yes, this looks great!

With a standard disk controler in the PEB, what kind of floppies are emulated?

WHat size? Density?

Thanks for this info,

Guillaume;

Yes, this looks great!

With a standard disk controler in the PEB, what kind of floppies are emulated?

WHat size? Density?

Thanks for this info,

Guillaume;

Hi !

i using floppy in 360 and 720 blocks and works great !

yes i know it's not cheapest.... but i like a lot this project...

it's me with my PEB with HxC incorporated ! ;)

i am converting all my stuff on disks at now ;)

post-24673-0-38167000-1347106003_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi !

i using floppy in 360 and 720 blocks and works great !

yes i know it's not cheapest.... but i like a lot this project...

it's me with my PEB with HxC incorporated ! ;)

i am converting all my stuff on disks at now ;)

Waow! Cool PEB, well designed!

So, that's what I'll be looking for:

a working PB with floppy, 32K, rs232 and then I can add a HxC unit for easy transfert with PC.

Tell me: the SD floopy emulator works both for reading and writing directly from the TI99 ??? Or is it only a read device? (like CD ROM!)

Guillaume.

Tell me: the SD floopy emulator works both for reading and writing directly from the TI99 ??? Or is it only a read device? (like CD ROM!)

Yes ! can read and write disks directly with the ti99 ;) ... i create disk images with a normal pc and windows seven using the HxC software manager, after i insert the SD card in the HxC connected to the TI99 and after i can use all empty disk images for write them...

for example i can load a program from cassette and save it on the Disk image of the HxC, after i can insert the SD Card of the HxC in a card reader on my PC and converting the .hfe (HxC format) in .dsk (Emulator format) i can use the program on the emulators !

i converted about 1000 programs with this method ! :D

my PEB have a TripleCard with Speech Sinth, RS232, Foundation Card 128Kb, Sid Master 99, CorComp Controller or TI Controller and the HxC work Good...

about drive i installed: Dsk1 = 5.25", Dsk2 = 3,5" and Dsk3 = HxC Card using the rear connection of the Controller ;)

So the HxC connects via a standard TI ribbon cable to the drive controller card in the PEB? In the end, it's a close cousin of the CF7 in principle, but with the added advantage of still allowing you to use the PEB and its cards. Neat!

Fred's HDX lets you eliminate the SD/CF intermediary which is very convenient, at the cost of being constantly hooked up to a PC via cable.

So many choice! Believe it or not, most of the files on the TI Gameshelf site were transferred to the PC by being ARC'ed on the TI and then transmitted over via a null modem cable at 9600bps...

Which reminds me I really need to update the site :ponder: . Maybe I'll raid the CTIUG library during the club's meeting today and get to it tonight. :grin:

Thank you Rocky ;)

it was a brocken PEB... over the external BOX nothing is original...

the Internal AC Power is re-builded and the Fan is a 12v Fan ;), now the old broken PEB alive again ;)

about the firmware when i purchased the HxC i wrote to the builder (Jeff) thru the web site... and togheter with John Guidry too and some tests the new firmware was created for use the HxC to the Best.. ;)