IGNORED

Super Pong Jitter

ianoid

I found a loose Super Pong with slightly jittery paddles. Any suggestions as to how to easily improve that?

If I recall, I would have to do a major disassembly to get at the pots- you can't see them when you remove the battery cover. Has anyone tried tuner solution through the top, under the knobs?

• 2 months later...

No screws, their are grooves on a metal post and IIRC there's a metal band inside the knob. With age, they kind of get hard to pull off. To get mine off I just pulled off straight up on two opposite sides. Might take a little pulling to get it off. Just make sure when grabbing the knob you have equal pressure on two exact opposite side. Plus with the age of the plastic sometimes they come off ok, others the plastic is britle with age and may bread. Just to let you know. I've had it happen to me on occasion. Hope this helps. You might also try to google search Super Pong Dissassembly. Someone may have posted a video.

I recently refurbished a set of Ultra Pong Doubles paddles. They were separate from the console, which made it easier, but all I had to do was remove the pots, open them, and clean the gunk from the contacts using cotton swabs. I didn't need to use contact cleaner or alcohol to get them beck to normal.

• 2 months later...

I just got an Atari Super Pong. It was a beast to clean up, but when I fired it up it worked perfectly with a beautiful picture. The controls were jittery.

I've done that, taken the knob off and spray contact cleaner on the shaft and turn it to work it in. Works for a while.

Thanks for the tip. A little contact cleaner at the base of the pot shafts, turning them back and forth as I dripped it in, made the controls work perfectly :)