IGNORED

The Video Game Summit

Dan Iacovelli

it was good to see some people from AA to come to my first try at the show.

if you guys wanted your AA names on the badges you could have told me I would have wriiten it down.

Re: next years show I am still working out the plans for it. (I'll prob have it at the same location)

Dan

My main problem with the location is that I thought it was to be in the Quality inn and suites itself, and not in the adjacent office building.

Having it on the lower floor I think was a bit of a problem also.

But the location of the hotel is easy enough to get to, though.

My main problem with the location is that I thought it was to be in the Quality inn and suites itself, and not in the adjacent office building.

Having it on the lower floor I think was a bit of a problem also.

But the location of the hotel is easy enough to get to, though.

they rent off the rooms in the office building.

I did mention it on the list that it's in the office building.

thats where most the rooms are for the meetings.

they had the elevators so I don't think that much a problem.

but you have to look at the price wise for the room: 400.00 a day

thats the best price I heard.

we would have gotten more people if I went to the malls by there and have flyers over there. oh well. next year is another matter.

Dan

I liked the fact that it was right off the expressway and I didn't have to fight with street traffic. That is the one thing I hate about Chicago and the Suburbs - TRAFFIC (stop, go, stop, go, oh crap that was our turn!)

BTW: Just a few signs could help people get to the right building.

I liked the fact that it was right off the expressway and I didn't have to fight with street traffic.  That is the one thing I hate about Chicago and the Suburbs - TRAFFIC (stop, go, stop, go, oh crap that was our turn!)

BTW: Just a few signs could help people get to the right building.

I had to wait until my sibs got back from office depot with copies of the the program,they brought the tape and put it on the building upstairs

and I had the ones down stairs.

I did want to put in the hotel itself,but Ihad nobody to watch my table.

Dan

(btw:which person were you at the show)

I came in late (I think I arrived around 12 or 12:30) I didn't spend much time there. I bought some wireless joysticks in the room and then I bought some 2600 games from Tiggerthehun in the hallway. If you were the one collecting money, I was the one that you trcked down across the room. When I walked in I didn't see any one who might be collecting money, just a bunch of people having a good time playing video games :D !

Glad to hear the show went off well, Dan and crew!

I hope you were able to give away all of the DP Guides. We'll be happy to sponsor you anytime (and to any other show who's looking for sponsorship, Digital Press wholeheartedly supports the hobby - count us "in")!

Looking forward to the pics, sounds like fun!

Glad to hear the show went off well, Dan and crew!

I hope you were able to give away all of the DP Guides. We'll be happy to sponsor you anytime (and to any other show who's looking for sponsorship, Digital Press wholeheartedly supports the hobby - count us "in")!

Looking forward to the pics, sounds like fun!

unfouturantly, I was only able to give three away(one was part of the prize package and two was just given away) so I only have 7 left.

we didn't have enough people for raffles or extra tourneys.

luckly I came up with an idea, since I have so many programs left over

I can give the program and a guide and name badge to the first seven people who requst a copy of the program package. (thats if it's ok with you joe)

I'll send you a copy of the program and a name badge in a week or so.

Dan

Same here for CGE.

Even though some people rejected our sponsorship we'd still like to help out those who would like our help.

We'd be happy to try and help out the other shows around even if it's just in passing along ideas and suggestions.

John

I came in late (I think I arrived around 12 or 12:30)  I didn't spend much time there.  I bought some wireless joysticks in the room and then I bought some 2600 games from Tiggerthehun in the hallway.  If you were the one collecting money, I was the one that you trcked down across the room.  When I walked in I didn't see any one who might be collecting money, just a bunch of people having a good time playing video games  :D !

that was me: so you must be brent? right.

the entrance table was the one with the 2600 on it.

(somebody asked me about the supercharger but I couldn't find the person because somebody side tracked me about something)

Dan

Same here for CGE.

Even though some people rejected our sponsorship we'd still like to help out those who would like our help.

We'd be happy to try and help out the other shows around even if it's just in passing along ideas and suggestions.

John

I would like any help you can give me for next year(that goes for anybody else also) PM your ideas. my bro came up with an a good

idea for next year as well pm and I'll tell you.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Something I ran past Dan for next year's VGS, is having what I call ST feST 2004 at the VGS. The idea is to get people in with their ST / TT/ Falcon computers, for gaming tournaments, ST dealers, etc. I'm immediately thinking of a MIDI maze competition. I think this would go over pretty well. :)

What do y'all think on this?

Something I ran past Dan for next year's VGS, is having what I call ST feST 2004 at the VGS.  The idea is to get people in with their ST / TT/ Falcon computers, for gaming tournaments, ST dealers, etc.  I'm immediately thinking of a MIDI maze competition.  I think this would go over pretty well. :)

What do y'all think on this?

Inky, first of all we have to decide on the date for the show(it's tentative set for July17th,2004, but this might change depending on the dates of AGE,MWC,CGE or other shows next year) Also we are going be using the same location as we did this year. But the main thing I'm working for right now is getting tables in the main room filled up first. ( I'm also thinking of network thing too, BS,doom, (possiblity battletech,I know they are head quartered near chicago and if I could get them to come I could set up a room for network game play and such, the best part of the location, they only charge by the day and not by the room so I might be possblie to take up the whole floor(rooms A-D(A,B main room for vendors and exhibitors(this includes the tables out side,C for network game play(or even signles) and D can be used for a museum or more game play)

but agin this is still not set in stone yet. I'll let every body know around november or Febuaray.

(Also I'm for getting more Users groups to come too(SCAT said they will be willing to come again))

Dan Iacovelli

• 1 month later...

I just updated The VGS website:

I announced the tenative date on the page,

I changed the main graphic banner(using clip art and graphics of AVC,Jagfest on tour and the VGS graphic.

I also changed the word art graphic of Video Game Summit.

I took out the pdf link to the pdf Pr's(I'm only going to do it in txt form now)

the VGS information form is now just a basic form(this is also up at the site) this way I can I send e-vites to the person and he/she can use the E-vite to confirm their attendance.

(I plan on contacting the hotel some time this month to see if the july date is available if it is I will announce it offically).

Dan Iacovelli

(If you go to the DP forums, some body just posted in the events gatherings topic about having a gathering in IL (ironicly that how VGS got started by a post by inky here in AA about a year ago)