IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #8 Dracula

cparsley

post-98-128733208384_thumb.gif post-98-128733160892_thumb.jpg post-98-128733210257_thumb.gif

Game Info -

Game was selected by DZ-Jay.

Skill level Medium

Contest ends Sunday, September 30th, 2012 @ 10:30am Eastern.

** BONUS **

Two bonus points will be awarded to whomever comes up with the best Dracula crossed with Plants vs. Zombies story. Nothing is off-limits on story. I will judge the winner (and therefore can not participate in the story making or winning the 2 points)... GL :)

Current Scores - * FINAL *

1. IntellivisionDude - 23,050 *STORY on post 39 * ( +10 )
  2. DZ-Jay - 13,400 ( +9 )
  3. JacobZu7 - 13,200 ( +8 )
  4. jblenkle - 12,100 ( +6 )
  5. scalpel - 8,300 * STORY on post 55 - WINNER +2 bonus * ( +4 +2 )
  6. cparsley 6,450 ( +2 )
  7. roadrunner - 2,500 ( +1 )
  8. Liduario - 1,250 ( +1 )
  9. RangerG - 1,100 ( +1 )

HSC Leaderboard (thru seven games)

1. JacobZu7 - 54
  2. Patbb - 49
  3. jblenkle - 32
  4. roadrunner - 29 (tied-A)
  5. cparsley - 29 (tied-A)
  6. skosh - 18
  7. RangerG - 17
  8. INTVDude - 11
  9. Rick Reynolds - 10 (tied-B)
  10. scalpel - 10 (tied-B)
  11. Liduario - 10 (tied-B)
  12. cmart604 - 6 (tied-C)
  13. WispFollower - 6 (tied-C)
  14. zylon - 3
  15. gezkc - 2
  16. thegoldenband - 2
  17. DZ-Jay - 1
  18. JasonlikesINTV - 1
  19. 1980gamer - 1
  20. BillyHW - 1
  21. Mangia-Boy - 1

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 1

Below are my entries, for the first two games I played:

950 Points

post-27318-0-62134300-1347877160_thumb.jpg

2,350 Points

post-27318-0-07380400-1347877169_thumb.jpg

W00t! I get to briefly bask in the top score sun! :)

I like this game a lot, but my hand is killing me after the third night. And my wife refuses to help me control the zombies.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

That's one thing I've got to figure out...how do you turn someone into a zombie?

The bottom-right Action Button. It turns the person you bite into a zombie for 10 seconds. You can control the zombie with the second controller to kill policemen. The trick is that you also need to move your Dracula to keep them both on screen.

That's the only way to get rid if policemen. Otherwise, when you bite them, they just freeze temporarily. Or just run around and try to avoid the stakes. :)

dZ

Edited by DZ-Jay

9,900 Points - 10th or 11th night! w00t!

I've enclosed the screenshot below. I've gotten the hang of my fangs now. I only die because the stupid vulture takes me off screen, and my thumb is too sore to release bat-hood quick enough. :)

-dZ.

post-27318-0-05653900-1347962599_thumb.jpg

OK, I'm having some problems using the Bliss emulator. It was working OK, but then I lost my controller configuration somehow. In the settings, it has:

Left JoyPad

Right JoyPad

Hand Controller #1

Hand Controller #2

Which one is used to control this game? I've been trying to remap the buttons on my PCs joystick, but for some reason the settings don't stay in.

OK, I'm having some problems using the Bliss emulator. It was working OK, but then I lost my controller configuration somehow. In the settings, it has:

Left JoyPad

Right JoyPad

Hand Controller #1

Hand Controller #2

Which one is used to control this game? I've been trying to remap the buttons on my PCs joystick, but for some reason the settings don't stay in.

I don't use Bliss, but the game uses the following controls:

Hand Controller #1: Dracula

- top action buttons: change shape (bat/Dracula)

- bottom left action button: bite

- bottom right action button: bite/turn zombie

Hand Controller #2: Zombie

To start the game:

Press 1: one player

Press 5: medium

Thanks...I'll keep fiddling with it, but I just downloaded Nostalgia and it seems to work a lot better. Took my controller configuration right away. Just did a new high score for me...

I don't use Bliss, but the game uses the following controls:

Hand Controller #1: Dracula

- top action buttons: change shape (bat/Dracula)

- bottom left action button: bite

- bottom right action button: bite/turn zombie

Hand Controller #2: Zombie

To start the game:

Press 1: one player

Press 5: medium

You can almost play forever on medium difficulty. I only quit when i broke my personal best and my hands couldn't take the pain anymore. This game is extremely brutal on the hands. This is one game where i cannot defend the controllers. I almost quit at 5,000 because my hand was hurting so bad. But i found a routine that hurt less. I pretty much only go left and position my left hand so i can press the bottom button on the left side. The only time you can get yourself in trouble is going after the bonus and getting every victim. But in later levels it's just about impossible to get them all. So after about 3 laps through the city going left i end up back at the cemetery almost right at the same moment the sky turns.

post-25251-0-96360400-1348099287_thumb.jpg

Edited by IntellivisionDude

You can almost play forever on medium difficulty. I only quit when i broke my personal best and my hands couldn't take the pain anymore. This game is extremely brutal on the hands. This is one game where i cannot defend the controllers. I almost quit at 5,000 because my hand was hurting so bad. But i found a routine that hurt less. I pretty much only go left and position my left hand so i can press the bottom button on the left side. The only time you can get yourself in trouble is going after the bonus and getting every victim. But in later levels it's just about impossible to get them all. So after about 3 laps through the city going left i end up back at the cemetery almost right at the same moment the sky turns.

post-25251-0-96360400-1348099287_thumb.jpg

Damn you! IntellivisionDude! Now I have to play some more to try to beat you. I really like this game, but it is brutal on the hands. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

And it's not worth it turning them into zombies and chasing the constible, you are only wasting time. The bonus is more important. Gotta get as many of them as possible before you can't get them anymore. But it is fun though. :-D

I agree. I just stay close to the cemetery and go back and forth between the first few blocks to the left.

(...)

Congrads on the new lil' Liduario.... Liduario... :)

Is it a boy?

Yes, he's a boy we both are Liduário and his fisrt name begins with A too: Arthur.

He seems to be very calm (like me), doesn't cry that often and likes to sleep at night :).

Fortunately I can spend much time with him now that I'm in holidays.

Thank you for the words and for asking,

Alexandre Liduário

• Like 1