IGNORED

WM's Magical Game Factory: ProjectY for Mega Drive/Genesis

108 Stars

Guess I haven't found the secret room? I have found doors that respond to my punches, but after punching and kicking them for several mins nothing ever happens. Wonder if those secret rooms are only available in Original mode and not arcade? I haven't tried to play original mode yet.

Hmm...let me try that because you are talking about 

Spoiler

The 3rd door you come to just after exiting your apartment that has the number 32 above it right? I'm pretty sure I've done this multiple times in various ways with NOTHING happening other than the door moving indicating it is registering the hits. But I will try it again.

Aside from that I just did some more testing and my va2 seems to play the game without any issues at all even by itself without the SegaCD or 32x attached. I played the original mode game and got through 3 bosses before I tried my next console.

A va6 with TMSS that is essentially stock minus the fact that I added s-video to it and separate RCAs as it has a M1 Mega Amp board in it also along with full region switching. In US and JPN modes or NTSC, I would get the TMSS screen and then get the next screen stating to disregard those messages from the cartridge. I would hear a pop from the audio indicating that was initializing and then....nothing. It just never leaves that initial disregard message. In PAL mode it did basically the same, but was in black n white as is common in PAL mode 50hz games on my LCD, and instead of the disregard message just staying there, it stayed there, but then started to randomly appear in other places on the screen? In any event, my va6 does NOT work with this game at all.

I then tried a model 2 I have although I'm not sure which variant it is as it is all stock. And the game seems to work just fine there as well as I have it running them the attract/demo modes now as I type this without issues.

I've also noticed something subtle but I'm sure it is intended. As your health depletes, the music actually starts to get off key and sound out of tune LOL! I thought it was an issue with the audio modifications I have in place, but as soon as picked up a bowl of food and got my health back in the green, the off key notes went away. So yeah...I guess that is just one of a lot of things that this game has that you have to pick up on.

I guess I need to crack open that model 2 and find out exactly which variant it is.

But at least with my Model 1 va2 early model Genesis, it doesn't seem to require the SegaCD or 32x to be attached to work. I'm really starting to think this is a power issue in the consoles given that I've read this cart can take nearly an extra 100ma of current requirement from the system when operating.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Hmm...let me try that because you are talking about 

Reveal hidden contents

The 3rd door you come to just after exiting your apartment that has the number 32 above it right? I'm pretty sure I've done this multiple times in various ways with NOTHING happening other than the door moving indicating it is registering the hits. But I will try it again.

Yup. Just clear out all the enemies, get the Go! prompt, and then hit the door four or five times. It should open.

By the way, I think what I thought was a bag of garbage in this room is actually supposed to be a wrecking ball. I was playing on my Nomad and didn't see all of the detail.

I just played through the first few levels on my model 1 with the 32x and CD attached, and I haven't had any glitching or crashes. I do get some distortion at the top of the screen on occasion, so I don't know what's going on there.

I wonder if I should consider making some of the mods you've made. It also probably wouldn't hurt to recap my Genesis at some point

Well I did test my model 1 without any attachments and it worked just fine. So if this is something with power, then a recap of the system followed up by replacing the original VRs with newer might have the most effect and would be interesting to see if anything changes.

BTW I've looked at my model 2 that works and it is in fact a va1 model 2. All stock and it works fine. I've not recapped it although it is possible I've changed out the VR on it at some point but I honestly don't remember. It has always been a spare unit in the closet that rarely gets used. My other model 1 va6 has been recapped but hasn't had the VRs replaced. That one though never gets past the copyright screen after the Sega License TMSS screen.

yes the 8-bit trolling game is always first when you try the game for the first time. It has been speculated that is done to initilize the sram in the game cartridge or something. After that first time, it doesn't do it again unless you load the game up on a MegaSG or through a game genie where the 8-bit like game will come up instead always.

I purchased the Special Edition the day it was announced and received the shipping email but for some reason it went into my spam folder.  So I went to log onto the site and forgot my password and tried logging in three times and it locked my account.  I have emailed support there for 5 days and cannot unlock my account or get a response.  What can I do?  I want what I paid for 3 years ago but it doesn't seem anyone is working support there.  

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MAYAman said:

I purchased the Special Edition the day it was announced and received the shipping email but for some reason it went into my spam folder.  So I went to log onto the site and forgot my password and tried logging in three times and it locked my account.  I have emailed support there for 5 days and cannot unlock my account or get a response.  What can I do?  I want what I paid for 3 years ago but it doesn't seem anyone is working support there.  

Hey Mayman, I did not have a password either, but I went back to searched my emails and found the confirmation email from watermelon that is a direct link to my purchase skipping the login screen.

I used that to fill out my order info and it arrived yesterday.

try searching your email account you signed up with the search field:

system@magicalgamefactory.com

With some luck it will be buried in your inbox and you will be able to get access to your purchase directly.

I hope this helps and Good luck!

Edited by imstarryeyed

On 12/24/2020 at 12:37 PM, imstarryeyed said:

Hey Mayman, I did not have a password either, but I went back to searched my emails and found the confirmation email from watermelon that is a direct link to my purchase skipping the login screen.

I used that to fill out my order info and it arrived yesterday.

try searching your email account you signed up with the search field:

system@magicalgamefactory.com

With some luck it will be buried in your inbox and you will be able to get access to your purchase directly.

I hope this helps and Good luck!

Yup, I found the email, I tried that but it doesn’t let you log onto the order without signing in, and I’m locked out so I can’t get into it.  Gah.  It’s going to really suck if my pre-order is given to someone else after years of waiting.

Edited by MAYAman

7 hours ago, MAYAman said:

Yup, I found the email, I tried that but it doesn’t let you log onto the order without signing in, and I’m locked out so I can’t get into it.  Gah.  It’s going to really suck if my pre-order is given to someone else after years of waiting.

I would have had the same issue, but actually kept my original order emails and account information in a folder on my system. You could or should be able to initiate a password reset provided you remember the email you used when you initially placed your order and the account was created.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:24 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I would have had the same issue, but actually kept my original order emails and account information in a folder on my system. You could or should be able to initiate a password reset provided you remember the email you used when you initially placed your order and the account was created.

Yes, I've done the exact same thing. But because I'm locked out it won't let me reset my password. This is insane. I have the original email, my receipt from PayPal, etc. I've opened several email tickets with no response. How do I contact the people?  

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Mine still hasn't arrived :(

Mail, especially through USPS (That is how mine was delivered) is hosed up right now. I sent a client back their 7800 last Monday morning priority and the tracking doesn't even show it as having left my home town yet?! So I honestly have no idea where their console is in the shipment status right now. They were supposed to get it yesterday and they didn't so...yeah. USPS is having issues right now it seems.

It turned out that my order was canceled. I contacted support ... I was informed that they could not send me a cartridge, because it costs more than the money I paid on the pre-order.
Therefore, they promised to return the money. In the letters, they indicated that they would make a refund by December 31, 2020. However, the money has not yet been returned to me.

They primarily settled business with customers from France, Great Britain, Germany and the USA. And customers from other countries are not refunded.

= (

People went crazy and lost all conscience: http://romhacking.ru/_nw/71/25341798.jpg

Edited by Тимур Лязгиев
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MAYAman said:

Does anyone have an email that I can reach them directly instead of the ticket system?  I would like to get my Special Edition but I’m locked out and seems nobody is unlocking accounts.  :(

Here is the address from the letter that was sent to me:

Thank you for your patience.
We had (long ago) registered your refund request and we are processing your refund.

It is possible for you to update your refund method, please contact payments@watermelon-games.com with either:
- Your PayPal address
- Your MGF account for GEMS*

Refund will require extra days of patience, but as always, we honorate all the refund requests.
Please note that, by Dec 29 2020 we will pick by default the original PayPal address used to pay the order.

IMPORTANT: Please do not answer this email, use payments@watermelon-games.com.
Extra bit of information: As mentioned in previous emails we could not collect money from our costumers and therefore we decided to cancel the manufacture of the orders subject to a refund request. It was a tough decision as sometimes we have costumers changing their mind, however in this case, it is irrevocable.
Thank you for your understanding.

*: Credited into your WM's magical game factory account, USD equivalent + ~15% bonus. Requires a WM's Magical Game Factory account. Can be used to purchase other goods when available.

But the deadlines have passed. I have not received a refund.

I believe that the shit-eaters encouraged the scammers with their positive reviews. Now the developers have become rich again, and have no problems, they may not even return the money. They can get away with it.

Yes, I'm a pessimist. =)

• Sad 1

New letter:

Due to constant spam by a few, we cannot process legitimate support requests at this time.

Please noted that most of our parcels were shipped before Christmas 2020, however, if your parcel is still marked as "Packing..." or "Shipping...", it means it's not yet shipped and you will need extra patience.

For people with refund request, you are on a refund list and will be proceed as soon as we gain access to our new Paypal account.

We will resume service in 15 days. For any urgent matters, please call our support hotline +33(0)7 81 08 84 61.

We are sorry it takes time, rest assured everyone will get served in the end.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

WATERMELON TEAM

• Like 1

Mine never did change from Status of Shipping...and then it just appeared a few days later on its own. But mine never did change to show tracking or anything like that. I haven't checked it, but my guess is that it would still show as Shipping even though Fonzie has stated that you will get tracking and the status should change to Shipped once it has. 

So, not sure that is a good measure to know if anything has actually shipped or not.