IGNORED

Config files to use with various Intellivision titles

intvnut

11 hours ago, bhall408 said:

Coming late to the party...

I've been making use of bin2rom (thanks jz!) but my preference is to use a unique extension for each platform, and I'd like to use .INT for that.

OpenEmu on Mac supports .INT, but if I rename a .ROM to .INT, it won't work on OpenEmu (but OpenEmu is fine if it has .ROM as the extension)

SO...

Is .INT another file format that includes meta-data (like .ROM is), or is .INT expected to be the same as a .BIN file just a different extension for data-only 

Openemu uses Bliss for its intellivision emulator.  Bliss maintains a database of rom memory maps.  I think you could keep the rom files as regular binary renamed .int and put the memory map information in the bliss database file.

Edited by mr_me

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

Openemu uses Bliss for its intellivision emulator.  Bliss maintains a database of rom memory maps.  I think you could keep the rom files as regular binary renamed .int and put the memory map information in the bliss database file.

Libretro does that as well.

For our own emulator, we have a database in Firebase. While we could store the config type meta-data there, the current thinking is that we'll standardize on the .ROM *format*, but allow them to have either .ROM or .INT as the extension, and for .INT we'll try to determine algorithmically if it is a BIN or a ROM.

• 3 years later...
On 3/31/2016 at 9:02 AM, mr_me said:

Here's my set of cfg files for the original games. These use the filenames from the GoodTools standard so rename them as needed. The other released games should be supported by the default memory map in jzIntv.

int_cfg_32.zip 7.74 kB · 1,173 downloads

Thanks again Mr_me you have been a big help for me to get this emulator and front end working.