IGNORED

CF7+ CF card problem

Manic1975

Does someone know how to make 2 Gb Transcend(133x) CF card work with CF7+. Partition info show 1911 Mb. Is there way to make this card work with CF7+.

Thank you in advance.

Well, the 1911 MB indicates non-TI partition information. The most you will get for the TI is half of the card's capacity. The only way to tell whether any particular CF card will work is to try it. They don't all work, apparently. The CF7+ will format a non-TI-formatted card to the TI format with 256 bytes/sector. There are manuals and other information at Custodio Malilong's site here. Fred Kaal's TI99Dir available here will also format a CF and transfer files. TI99Dir is what I use.

...lee

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out CF card problem.

Working cards have 2048 mb storage (Sandisk and Apacer), and Xilinix chip can read cf card with exact storage of 2048 Mb.

Also card have this specs: 16 heads, 63 sects and 3970 cylinders.

Always use type 1 cards. When you plug CF card with this specs it works with no problem.

I have one maxtor hard drive, model 2b020h1 (16383 cylinders, 16 heads and 63 sectors)

I will try to connect this with my cf7+ card. Have someone try this?

I hope this will help!!!