IGNORED

Duckie Egg

GroovyBee

A fully finished version of the game solely produced and distributed by groovy bee = GUARANTEED BUYERS

You see you have already produced a beta, which as you have mentioned has been distributed. It has a fanbase. regardless of who distributed it. You are guaranteed to sell almost an equal amount of copies of the product in finished form. (most likely 150% more) Whether or not you look at it from a business perspective or a creative stance, the lack of motivation to continue to work on it puzzles me. It doesn't make any sense, other than you just don't want to put the time in anymore. If you don't thats understandable too.

Personally if I had a project in beta stage and I knew it had followers I would want to ensure my original idea and vision was presented in its true and complete form.

I'm not saying you should be grateful that people pirated and profited from your work, but it's not valid as a reason to stop working on it. If anything you should use that to your advantage. There are Jaguar fans out there that do not subscribe to Atari Age, Jaguar Sector III or any of the other Facebook groups. There are people out there who like Jaguar and are completely cut off from the "scene".

Bottom line, if you created it and you love it, you should finish it. If you don't love it anymore well that's entirely your right as well.

It's a fun little game. I enjoyed the beta demo. I hope you change your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I've seen multiple copies of this game on ebay over the years, which goes against what I said back when I gave the ROM release away :- I have no incentive to go back and finish it off, sorry. It is what it is. You aren't missing anything, its fully playable in either mode.

Please don’t allow the actions of a few greedy people deter you from finishing such an incredible game. I would purchase an official cartridge release of this game in an instant; no questions asked. Maybe you could implement new content, keep the rom private, and then release it on cartridge for people to buy? It would make those pirated carts incomplete and worthless. Just my two cents worth on the subject.

Please don’t allow the actions of a few greedy people deter you from finishing such an incredible game. I would purchase an official cartridge release of this game in an instant; no questions asked. Maybe you could implement new content, keep the rom private, and then release it on cartridge for people to buy? It would make those pirated carts incomplete and worthless. Just my two cents worth on the subject.

I explained why I'm not interested in a physical release here, its one of the last posts in the game's original porting thread.