IGNORED

PRGE Show Wrapup

Back at the condo after tearing down the AtariAge booth and packing up the car for the return trip. I'm pretty beat, it was a ton of work preparing for the show, driving up, setting up the AtariAge booth, manning it for two days and then tearing it all back down. Well worth it, though, saw many AtariAge members (including people I had never met before), introduced many people to homebrew games, and put new homebrew games in the hands of eager classic gamers. Had lots of game demos running as well, and all the game systems got tons of play over the weekend. AtariAge held a prime space on the floor right by the show entrance.

I took quite a few photos of the AtariAge booth, which I'll try to post up as soon as possible. No photos of the rest of the show, as I was in the AtariAge booth nearly the entirety of both days of the show.

I have to thank Chuck D. Head, Cebus Capucinis and batari for their help in setting up the booth, manning it during the show and tearing it down this evening. Chuck in particular went out of his way to help and even brought four monitors/televisions and some VCRs that allowed me to setup even more game systems (I was only able to bring eight Commodore 1702s and one 20" Sony TV with me). Lee Krueger also loaned me two 13" televisions (same size as the 1702s), and Rick Weis loaned me an 1804. Glad I brought plenty of systems! Need more 2600, 5200 and 7800 consoles with composite/s-video output--if anyone can help in this regard, please ping me.

Kudos to the PRGE organizers for selecting a great venue and for a professionally and smoothly run event. The show occupied 60,000 square feet of space, with over 70 vendors and 140 arcade games. Unfortunately I had very little time to roam around the show, so nearly all of what I personally experienced was inside the AtariAge booth. If I go again next year, I'll need to enlist more aid so I can enjoy more of the show. :)

I think that's all for now, I'm a bit tired at this point!!

..Al

• Like 4

I'm pretty beat
I'm a bit tired

post-24585-0-86087600-1349072948_thumb.jpg

It was really awesome to be able to go to another show under the AtariAge name. Manned the booth Saturday, and it was an absolute blast. So cool to meet great members like Chuck D Head, Jibbajaba, JagChris, toymailman, Metal Jesus, and of course the familiar faces from CGE2k10. Always a pleasure to see Wonder007, Rick, swlovinist, and all the great guys who make this hobby one of the best out there. What a great show this year, and I can't wait to attend the next ones! I need to make it to MGC sometime soon to meet even more of the great AA members that make this community so awesome.

• Like 1

Sorry you didn't get to see the show, Al. I did offer to help man the booth...

I wish I would have had the time to check out some of the AA home brew options in the days leading up to the show. I didn't buy anything (except a t-shirt) because I just wasn't up to speed on the games that were on offer. Next year.

It was cool meeting Albert, Chuck, and Cebus. I wish we could have hung out, but my wife loves Portland and insists on coming with me when I come up there for PRGE. So I inevitably have to keep her happy, limiting my time at the show.

Chris

Sorry you didn't get to see the show, Al. I did offer to help man the booth...

The thing is, at the time Al thought he had good help lined up. As it turns out, Cebus and I are bumbling idiots of the highest magnitude. It was cool to meet you; you seem like a mellow fellow in person :-D Hope you had enough fun to come back sometime.

• Like 1

The thing is, at the time Al thought he had good help lined up. As it turns out, Cebus and I are bumbling idiots of the highest magnitude. It was cool to meet you; you seem like a mellow fellow in person :-D Hope you had enough fun to come back sometime.

Hey, at least you showed up on Sunday. Whoops!

Was Superfly and Downfall there just to show or do you plan on selling them in the future?

There are plans to enhance them (utilizing the additional space that a cart format allows over a single load BJL/CD version) for Jagtopus releases at some point in the future. There are no plans to just release the games 'as is' in cart format, however.

• Like 1