IGNORED

Intellivision Playcable

Homer79163

Well, I guess I need to clarify that point on the site then. There are two versions of the hardware. Yeesh! My setup is a Jerrold unit.

Oh no so we dont know for sure which playcable is rarer...... but wait thats two jerrods to three gen inst. so we still have e super series to the world series :)

(...) even though the KC is obviously more functional in 2012.

Hmm...

Question is: Who will bring playcable servers on again? ;-)

Seriously, what could be done with a playcable concept nowadays? A mod to make it connect through internet?

I wonder if a bee could travel through phone wires when it's in the groovy... :ponder:

• Like 1

The one at the start of his thread is a Jerrold too. 3-3. :)

It would seem they cycled the games through. Let's see if there are any manuals that aren't on the Playbook list.

Hmm I still say you have the world series version and I have the Super series version. Many have heard of General Instruments, but Jerrod? Many are like "I never heard of that" Just like many have heard of World Series, but Super series they are like "I never heard of that" :)

Hmm I still say you have the world series version and I have the Super series version. Many have heard of General Instruments, but Jerrod? Many are like "I never heard of that" Just like many have heard of World Series, but Super series they are like "I never heard of that" :)

I have a cousin named Jared? Does that count? :P

I checked there are only 33 manuals in my packet. Plus an advertisement. There was a handwritten piece of paper and the paper looks aged now, and it looked like a hand written channel guide. it had a number to the left and the title to the right for example 0 armor battle, 84 backgammon, 90 Ram Test, 91 memory test. So it seems like you would have to type a numeric code to download a game, or performe a system check. Whats weird is in the hand written channel guide there was some uniquie entries that caught my attention for example

49 Pick-A-Doodle

90 Ram Test

91 memory test

11 Clone Man

20 Clone Man

34 Clone man

72 Vegas 2

I am wondering if vegas 2 is just a code for Roullette and to seperate it from LV poker n black. Clone man I have no clue, and Pick - a - doodle, maybe something for kids to doodle around with. Ram test and memory test are obvious.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Apologies for the necrobump, but I have a question below...

Interesting. Wracking my brain for what might fit clone man and pick a doodle... weird.

Clone Man is probably Crazy Clones.

I own a retro video game store in central NJ (YESTERcades) and the cool thing is that not only do we have arcade games & pinball machines but we also have three flatscreens with every type of system available. Of course, one of the systems is the Intellivision.

We recently started buying & trading classic consoles and games and I had the opportunity to pick this gem up. I didn't know all that much about it first but I have learned that there are not too many of these around anymore.

I am probably going to hold on to this for a little bit and put it in our display case for its coolness factor, but I thought you guys would be thrilled to check it out...

- Ken

Ken, from your photo, it looks like your PlayCable unit has a different PCB layout than other units. Is there a chance we can talk you into opening up the unit and taking pictures of the interior? Or if not, perhaps some photos at various angles through the grate on the top?

Apologies for the necrobump, but I have a question below...

Clone Man is probably Crazy Clones.

Ken, from your photo, it looks like your PlayCable unit has a different PCB layout than other units. Is there a chance we can talk you into opening up the unit and taking pictures of the interior? Or if not, perhaps some photos at various angles through the grate on the top?

What specifically are you looking for Joe? I have 3 now. ?

What specifically are you looking for Joe? I have 3 now.

Ken's picture reveals a PCB inside that looks very different than the handful of PlayCables that I've seen and that some of us are analyzing.

Are you willing to open up your three PlayCables and have their guts photographed?