IGNORED

Compiling under latest CC65 snapshot

LX.NET

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd try out the latest snapshot for CC65 (2.13.9.20121002-1) and recompile the PegSolitaire 1.3 sources. I've got it set up to compile under Visual Studio 2010/2012, but changing CC65 from the last known good working snapshot (2.13.9.20110618) to the latest snapshot makes it go from good to not working. Just some weird green vertically striped pattern, that I would have to look into before I know what it is about.

post-27403-0-41929200-1349386040_thumb.jpg

Then I tried my Tiny Lynx Adventure. Same thing: the image doesn't work anymore, but different symptoms.

post-27403-0-57497600-1349386041_thumb.jpg

Anyone know what the most significant changes are that could cause this?

Thanks.

• Like 1

The problem was that the old code had a maximum limitation on 7fff bytes. This did not work for LR and therefore I dropped the feature to have either negative or positive lengths.

Sorry about the problem. Now all offsets and lengths must be positive. But the code size limit is gone!

--

Karri

Finally got it working. It turned out that I had an old PATH environment variable throwing bad stuff around. I understand the whole process of loading a lot better now.

Some questions on things that I do not understand yet:

• In PegSolitaire there are symbols of __BANK1SIZE__ and __BANK7SIZE__. Where do these come from?
  • How are the values for the sizes of BANK1 and 7 ($2A40 and $5A40) calculated?
  • What is the way to do a "traditional" startup screen like in all commercial Lynx games? Would it involve decrypting, changing the secondary (commercial) loader and encrypting it again?

Keep up the good work, Karri. This helps a lot.

The easiest way is to not define the built in bootloader and built in default directory in the config file of the linker lynx.cfg. Then it works just like before. But you have to grab a bootloader and write the directory by yourself. The other way is to write a small intro that displays a title screen.

-

Karri