IGNORED

Feeling like an idiot here . . . where do I get the wbin folder?

disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

Trying to get my Lynx Dev Environment up so I can start messing around with some Lynx programming and it seems I'm having problems before I even start which is frustrating.

I'm working of these tutorials:

http://atarilynxdeve...ng-hello-world/

And in that Hello World! project, there is a lynxcc65.mak file which in it has the following line of code:

CC65_TOOLS=$(CC65)\wbin[

I've downloaded all the latest snapshots and I don't have a wbin directory anywhere! Help!

-Grant

Edited by disjaukifa

I hope my PM reached you. The wbin directory has the unzipped contents of the UnxUtils.zip compressed folder that you can find at http://sourceforge.net/projects/unxutils/files/.

I will update this in part 2 of the tutorial.

BTW, working on the sprite tutorial now. Keep checking back. I will let you know at this post as well.

Some other things that are worth knowing (and that I will update in the tutorial):

- Turn off IntelliSense for Visual C++: Tools, Options, Text Editor, C/C++, Advanced, IntelliSense section of options, Disable IntelliSense: True

- I think it is also better to put the CC65 tools in C:\Program Files\CC65 instead of the Program Files (x86) directory. Allthough CC65 is not 64 bit, putting it in the Program Files folder makes it easier to share code between 32 and 64 bit Windows OS machines. This will need a change in the PATH and environment variables as well as the top line in lynxcc65.mak

That's it.

I hope my PM reached you. The wbin directory has the unzipped contents of the UnxUtils.zip compressed folder that you can find at http://sourceforge.n...unxutils/files/.

I will update this in part 2 of the tutorial.

BTW, working on the sprite tutorial now. Keep checking back. I will let you know at this post as well.

Some other things that are worth knowing (and that I will update in the tutorial):

- Turn off IntelliSense for Visual C++: Tools, Options, Text Editor, C/C++, Advanced, IntelliSense section of options, Disable IntelliSense: True

- I think it is also better to put the CC65 tools in C:\Program Files\CC65 instead of the Program Files (x86) directory. Allthough CC65 is not 64 bit, putting it in the Program Files folder makes it easier to share code between 32 and 64 bit Windows OS machines. This will need a change in the PATH and environment variables as well as the top line in lynxcc65.mak

That's it.

I've spent some more time with this and I've gotten further, I agree with what you said, if you could update everything so that's its in C:\Program Files\CC65 that would be very helpful for everyone, especially those of us that are running legacy OS. Still can't get it to build completely but I'm getting a HECK of alot further than before.

Is there an API I can reference for all this? I get the basic jest of how it works, its very similar to Batari Basic but MUCH more powerful, and I'm guess I'm going to have less ram limitations as well!

Thanks

Grant