IGNORED

Mad Magazine's computer program.

snorlaxnut

The problem with the "hairstyle" drawn lines (instead of a face) can only be in lines 60 to 80.

It has to be the Plot or DRAWTO with a wrong second parameter (Y-coordinate).

This schould be FY and LY in line 80 and nothing else. A typo in the data lines would not have caused a complete failure like shown above

If you would like to get the face finally :) just look at that lines ...

Edited by 1NG

• 5 years later...

Good morning,

I have never programmed anything in my life and have no idea where to start. I saw the post about the Mad Magazine program and want to try this. I just need to know where to start. Basically everything I will need to do this and also to program in the future. I am needing someone to point me in the right direction with equipment needed, programs needed to start, and any hardware I might need. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

• Like 1

Good morning,

I have never programmed anything in my life and have no idea where to start. I saw the post about the Mad Magazine program and want to try this. I just need to know where to start. Basically everything I will need to do this and also to program in the future. I am needing someone to point me in the right direction with equipment needed, programs needed to start, and any hardware I might need. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Are you using original equipment or do you want to use an emulator?

Are you using original equipment or do you want to use an emulator?

I don't have any equipment. I am basically starting from scratch. I would like to get either a Atari 800 or an Apple to do it on, but if there is an emulator that you recommend to start with, I can try that first. I am so new, but I have always had a fascination with writing code. I just have never tried it before.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, scitari said:

I did a how-to post about this. Have fun!

The BASIC listing text file you have on that webpage contains two errors in the DATA statements.

Line 1000 - The 8th data value on that line should be -21, not -24.

Line 1640 - The 7th data value on that line should be -29, not -26.

I didn't check for errors anywhere else apart from the DATA statements, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the non-data lines.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I remember it being on the forum previously but the file and attachments etc are still broken or not installed or the modification isn't updated or... so we are going to see many helpful duplications. Just can't easily locate pictures, files, and attachments anymore. I can't find my own so finding others is even more problematic.