IGNORED

Ridiculous Reality

matosimi

Wow.

I admit, I didn't spend a lot of time with RR on an emulator - I was waiting for an NTSC version to play on the real deal. Altirra or Atari800win with a modern USB gamepad is great if you don't have an XL, or to check something out quickly after downloading it, but I love hearing the SIO noise as the game loads from a floppy, and the look and feel of a composite monitor and a CX40. To me, it's much more impressive seeing something like this run on a 30 year old machine, than a PC.

Now that I've spent a few hours playing, I'm blown away. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious or what everyone already knows, but this game is phenomenal! Brilliantly done - responsive controls, elegant, detailed graphics, crisp sounds, and a nice ramp-up in the challenge factor. Love the dual action / puzzle theme that demands both quick reflexes and a sharp mind. Fun, fun, fun! I'm glad this came out on a weekend so I have time to devote to it.

I will definitely buy the cartridge when it's available.

• Like 1

RR website says:

ability to turn off/on ingame music – controlled by function keys Option and Select

Actually SELECT turns the music off and START enables it back ;)

Thank you very much for final version, now 'm going to give it a real go with level-codes :)

Edited by Jacques

At http://www.husak.com...culous-reality/ one can order Ridiculous Reality cartridge. Those are the carts that were not sold on SillyVenture demoparty.

As We said, in the february you will get a possibility to buy Deluxe Edition. The game itself likely will not change.

Nice ordering :)

RR Team.

Edited by jhusak

• 2 weeks later...

The scroll doesn't mention trainer options at all, or have I missed sth?

And coming back to the RR itself and code-system... It's evil :( The code I screenshoted above is already too difficult to type in, what keys should be pressed together and why? Tried it, based on the description in manual and still failed.

It was supposed to be help, but this "idea" of level codes (and need to type them all in sequence - no direct jump to level X or whatever) is quite overthought.

Don't get me wrong, game is great, but functionality of codes is not helpful, in fact a bit irritating ;)

• Like 1

You can find all the codes/key combinations here:

http://atariteca.blogspot.com/2012/12/passwords-de-nivel-de-ridiculous-reality.html

The trick is as follows: Keep pressed Shift and input the rest of the keystrokes, without any pause. Like Adam said, it´s a continuos flow -as if playing the piano.

Tested in emulator and works fine.

- Y -

The scroll doesn't mention trainer options at all, or have I missed sth?

And coming back to the RR itself and code-system... It's evil :( The code I screenshoted above is already too difficult to type in, what keys should be pressed together and why? Tried it, based on the description in manual and still failed.

It was supposed to be help, but this "idea" of level codes (and need to type them all in sequence - no direct jump to level X or whatever) is quite overthought.

Don't get me wrong, game is great, but functionality of codes is not helpful, in fact a bit irritating ;)