IGNORED

Ridiculous Reality

matosimi

I still can't get any level-skip codes (besides the first, SHIFT-OPTION) to work... Explain it one more time, for us dummies?

If I understand the second one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION) correctly:

Hold down SHIFT. Press START. With START still held down, press SELECT. With START and SELECT still held down, press OPTION. Is this correct?

The next one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION START SELECT) is the same as above, but continues:

...with SELECT and OPTION still down, release START. With OPTION still held down, release SELECT. Correct??

So I need to keep SHIFT held down during the whole process, and every time a function key is called for, I press and hold it (along with any others that are already down) or release it if it's already pressed?

LOVE the game, but the code system is maddening and needlessly complicated!

Edited by adam242

I still can't get any level-skip codes (besides the first, SHIFT-OPTION) to work... Explain it one more time, for us dummies?

If I understand the second one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION) correctly:

Hold down SHIFT. Press START. With START still held down, press SELECT. With START and SELECT still held down, press OPTION. Is this correct?

The next one (SHIFT START SELECT OPTION START SELECT) is the same as above, but continues:

...with SELECT and OPTION still down, release START. With OPTION still held down, release SELECT. Correct??

So I need to keep SHIFT held down during the whole process, and every time a function key is called for, I press and hold it (along with any others that are already down) or release it if it's already pressed?

LOVE the game, but the code system is maddening and needlessly complicated!

:) shift key has to remain pressed whole time. if you enter code correctly, game will jump to inter-level screen immediately (you don't need to release shift button).

Btw, i found out that my 2nd laptop (new one... HP 8470w) cannot handle 3 function keys at same time so it is impossible to enter RR codes on emulator on that specific machine... maybe you are struggling with same thing :).

:) shift key has to remain pressed whole time. if you enter code correctly, game will jump to inter-level screen immediately (you don't need to release shift button).

Btw, i found out that my 2nd laptop (new one... HP 8470w) cannot handle 3 function keys at same time so it is impossible to enter RR codes on emulator on that specific machine... maybe you are struggling with same thing :).

Perhaps. I haven't tried them on my real machine, only emulation.

I haven't turned my 1200XL off in days.. been playing RR on and off and I'm up to the 12th screen. :)

I don't want to lose my place in case I can't get the codes to work.

EDIT: That IS the problem... a quick program to monitor the value of CONSOL reveals that my PC can't deal with three function keys simultaneously. Both Altirra and Atari800win fail. Thanks, I was pulling my hair out!

On an unrelated note, when and how do I pay for a copy of the SV edition of the cartridge? I sent a request and received a confirmation email, but no further information.

Edited by adam242

• 3 years later...

I would suggest - load from a freshly restarted machine or emulator with Basic disabled.

Save state and resume to help get through it probably won't work using any emulator with "Load XEX".

The trick is to use a games loader or Dos. Because the game progressively loads as you play it, save states don't work because the emulator doesn't retain the fact that it had a load in progress - but should be fine when providing your own loader so long as the disk image or file is mounted where it needs to be.

• 7 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Ridiculous Reality on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Marbled (2011 | A8) by Marek Pavlík @MaPa (Code), Zdeněk Eisenhammer @pseudografx (Ingame graphics, game design, and documentation) / Michal Szpilowski @miker (Music and sound effects)
  • Ridiculous Reality (2012 | A8) by Martin Šimeček @matosimi (Programming) / Adam Wachowski @+Adam+ (Level Graphics, Game Design) / Michał "stRing" Radecki @michomis (Music, Level Design) / Adam "Ooz" Powroznik (Title Screen & Ending Screen Graphics) / Jakub Husak (Cartridge Design & Production)

20231121-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.2c0df9c9d545a5505812e3afed5e419c.jpg

• Like 2