IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

Ok so my father and I went through his Atari collection yesterday that has been in storage for about 20 years and we found his copy of Air-Raid. I have read online there is only one other copy of this game in a box on the planet. His is in the box with no stickers and looks brand new. He was giving this game as a sample in the early 80's. What to do now ?

• Like 5

What to do now ?

What do you want to do now? Do you or your father want to hold onto it, or see what kind of price it could garner in an auction?

If the latter, then ebay or game gavel may well be your next direction to head.

I would not blame you and your father for holding onto it though. It will only become more valuable with age.

Thank you very much for your help Al. I will get you better photos for you to examine no later than Saturday. I will also make a video that will show that the game is fully functional also.

I've seen photos of this new box and it looks just like the Air Raid box I examined in person a few years ago. I haven't yet looked at photos of the old and new to compare them in detail, but from what I've seen so far it looks genuine.

..Al

If that's for real, I would suggest that you handle those boxed beauties with a bit more TLC. As for the Air Raid, I wouldn't even touch that box...not without wearing some chemical free, cotton gloves! :D

Yea you are right ! We have moved the game to a safe deposit box and will no longer touch the game after I take some more high res images and video the game working.

It has really only been held and open a few times in its lifetime.

If you want to sell it,then try and get as much publicity as possible,go to the gaming sites and post your find..then ebay it.

Also make sure the cart still works... test it

That is what I thought. I am on it :thumbsup: Going to take video of the cart working will put it up ASAP. Thanks !

Wow - Epic find! Where/when/how did your father recieve this game, if you mind my asking?

My father was given this game in the early 80's by a game rep wanting him to buy and sell this game. The rep asked him to please take the sample home to play the game and see if he liked it. Well my father played it that one time and then put it away with this other Atari games. My brother and father played the game one other time that my father remembers maybe around 1990. And that is it ....It has been in an Atari display box in a storage unit for years along with all the rest of my fathers collection. We just pulled his collection out of storage yesterday after he read about how rare Air Raid was. He swore he remembered having it and he was right !

• Like 1

Does a known manual even exist for Air Raid? If so, it's not CIB. Still worth a crapton of cash though. And if no manual ever existed, that means it is CIB and is worth a crapton more!!!

Seriously, that's like thumbing through a box of NES games and finding a gold Nintendo World Championship cartridges. You have stumbled upon the holy grail, my friend...

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Does a known manual even exist for Air Raid? If so, it's not CIB. Still worth a crapton of cash though. And if no manual ever existed, that means it is CIB and is worth a crapton more!!!

Seriously, that's like thumbing through a box of NES games and finding a gold Nintendo World Championship cartridges. You have stumbled upon the holy grail, my friend...

I just got off the phone with my father. This game did not come with a manual. So this would be CIB ! With no stickers or anything on the box and the cart has only been used a few times.

Ok so my father and I went through his Atari collection yesterday that has been in storage for about 20 years and we found his copy of Air-Raid. I have read online there is only one other copy of this game in a box on the planet. His is in the box with no stickers and looks brand new. He was giving this game as a sample in the early 80's. What to do now ?

Dance the joy dance.

Looks like you hit the jackpot.

Please be careful with opening that box.

The less it's touched, the better.

Check the game to see if it functions.

It looks genuine to me.

For reference sake, here are some pictures of the other one:

http://www.atarimani...raid_16186.html

Yours looks in better condition.

Congratulations!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1