IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

It just occured to me that with the XM having High Score Cart funtionality built in, this game really needs to support it. :) I havn't done HSC before but I'm sure I can figure it out with all the references out there.

I'm also thinking that I can make both the US and Japanese screen orders avaialable. Maybe controlled with the difficulty switch.

• Like 4

It just occured to me that with the XM having High Score Cart funtionality built in, this game really needs to support it. :) I havn't done HSC before but I'm sure I can figure it out with all the references out there.

I'm also thinking that I can make both the US and Japanese screen orders avaialable. Maybe controlled with the difficulty switch.

Awesome. Take your time with it tep. More features the better!

• Like 1

#

Nice, it just keeps getting better.

So in theory, if someone buys the cart as is, and has a spare Pokey chip around (like say from an extra ballblazer cart) they could reasonably hack it in there themselves if they had a proper schematic for wiring it up and decent soldering skills?

You would also need to include some address decoding logic. I'm sure it could be done but it would be an ugly beast. You might be better off trying to hack a Commando cart in the same manner that I hacked the Ballblazer cart for the 48k version I've done. I left the POKEY chip mapped in the same space as the ROM but wired it so it would activate on writes while the ROM would activate on reads.

You would also need to include some address decoding logic. I'm sure it could be done but it would be an ugly beast. You might be better off trying to hack a Commando cart in the same manner that I hacked the Ballblazer cart for the 48k version I've done. I left the POKEY chip mapped in the same space as the ROM but wired it so it would activate on writes while the ROM would activate on reads.

Ok, never mind if it's that complicated.

Next question - does anyone around here still make or sell stock of the xboard?

I want to play this as soon as I get it, but it sounds like this will arrive way before the XM begins shipping, and I haven't even pre-ordered an XM yet, which means if I do, I'm at the bottom of the list. I dont' want to wait until next June to play this if you're able to ship them out this year.

This is an exciting surprise. Didn't the Coleco and Intellivision get recent 'true arcade' renditions of DK? Does this 7800 version have the potential to be the best cartridge release of Donkey Kong available? (on a classic system obviously)

It would be very tough to top the Colecovision version Eduardo did. It's top notch.

• Like 2