IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

Thanks for the info guys!! It was just a fluke on finding the bug. Dying on the pie level? Well she hasnt played muck DK.

I am sorry for how I presented the issue I was a little choked. I am very impressed on the professionalism and your support on the matter.

• Like 3

Got to 49000 points by doing the left rivets first. Its very fun to play!

The life counter doesnt change untill you are using your next man(may be normal) thought it would change on the get ready screen.

Most times when just done climbing the last ladder on the ramp screen if you straight jump a barrel you dont get to points for it.

It truely is an amazing game.

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

Got to 49000 points by doing the left rivets first. Its very fun to play!

The life counter doesnt change untill you are using your next man(may be normal) thought it would change on the get ready screen.

Most times when just done climbing the last ladder on the ramp screen if you straight jump a barrel you dont get to points for it.

It truely is an amazing game.

I'm glad the rivet tips helped. :) Those behaviors are normal for the arcade. Just some of the details I added. The Jumpman icons show your total lives between screens and is then decremented when you start to play the screen. Seems odd, but I replicated it anyway. Also, the window for getting points while jumping anything is wider if you have the joystick pushed left or right. So always try to hold the joystick to one side while jumping to be sure to get the points.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else see the DK XM on ebay that just sold for $8? Ouch. :o Tep did such a great job on this game it's a real shame this

XM non-sense has hit his game over the head so hard. Looks like CPUWIZ's pokey board is gonna be a knight in shinning armor for those

that want this game with sound. But hey the XM will come out one day right? :rolling:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi. I've lurked here for a little while, but this is my first post in regards to this game and MESS v 0.155.

Is it possible to use save and load states in MESS with the atari 7800? When I tried with this game (I've downloaded the correct file to use and enabled the correct options - I actually use GroovyUME v 0.155). It seems like it saved the state just fine, but when I tried to load the state, the game was moving at least 1.5 to 2x speed.

Do save states not work in MESS for A7800? I would like to save my games in emulators, but the only other one that I can use for this game in particular is prosystem 1.3 (Because I'm running Windows XP x64 edition so Emuloader is out) and while I can save normally with prosystem, I'd rather have a normal "quick" save/load state function to where a dialogue box doesn't pop up (much easier to use with an arcade front-end like Mala).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This seems like a great community.

Hi crispux3...Welcome to the community. :)

The current recommended version for a7800 emulation is MESS 0.159. Testing 0.159, 0.160, and the latest cutting edge (SVN) MAME, save and load states work fine without any speed issues.

Version 0.155, even more so a variant ("Groovy" versions manipulate sound, video, or/and overall game speed/refresh for a 'smoother' experience), could likely have issues.

A fresh install with no customization in a different folder could be tried to see if that makes a difference. If it works properly, then at least it is known whether it will definitively (not) work under that version and variant. Then, if it indeed works, there's just the matter of finding out what change from default is causing the speed issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance I could still buy this cart? Doing another run of it sometime?

If not, I don't care if it doesn't look nice or whatever, could you toss it on a cart for me (no need to do fancy art or anything)?

Any chance I could still buy this cart? Doing another run of it sometime?

If not, I don't care if it doesn't look nice or whatever, could you toss it on a cart for me (no need to do fancy art or anything)?

If possible, I'd like to purchase one too. :)

I've put you on a list I'm keeping. I won't be making more until the XM ships. I'll let you know when they are available.

I would love to be on that list too. :)

Of course, I'll still have to buy an XM when the time comes, lol.

I've put you on a list I'm keeping. I won't be making more until the XM ships. I'll let you know when they are available.

[snark]So, I should reserve it for my great-grandchildren then?[/snark]

Actually, I was just going to ask what it would take to make the still-pokey-enabled but-non-XM version of this cart?

[snark]So, I should reserve it for my great-grandchildren then?[/snark]

Actually, I was just going to ask what it would take to make the still-pokey-enabled but-non-XM version of this cart?

I know it's been a while, but considering our exchange earlier in this topic, you probably should have left the snarky comment out.

Will DK XM work without sound if I play it in a stock 7800? I plan on getting the XM someday, but I won't be able to afford one for a while yet.

Also would this game play with Pokey sound if planted in one of the CPUWIZ Pokey boards? Assuming the Hokey chip isn't ready yet, I have a spare Ball Blazer cart (damaged label but who cares) I can send in as a Pokey donor if someone will make me a Non-XM DK.

Edited by stardust4ever