IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

4 hours ago, Silver Back said:

You got three sold do I hear four?

Oh, there'll be a lot more than just 4 that'll be sold when he's finished with Remix. 😉  

Though personally at this point and while physical copies are nice, I'd be happy to just purchase a ROM for play on Concerto, etc. 😎👍

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, tep392 said:

I added this update to the first post.

8/12/2022 Update:

I have decided to stop selling the physical carts of this game. I'm out of the boards and don't have any interest in continuing to produce these in small quantities.  I will continue to offer the serialized A78 file for $10 to use on emulators or multicarts.  I have been working on Donkey Kong Remix (see my avatar) on/off for a few years and will hopefully finish it some day.  It's a nice enhancement of the original game with more screen variations to keep it interesting.

@tep392 have you considered letting Al make and sell them?

I know there is demand for these. There is currently a loose cart for sale on FB for $180. My comment was "I can see Donkey Kong PK becoming the next Rikki and Vikki selling for ludicrous prices" especially since I am guessing there are WAY LESS DKPK's than R&Vs. 

47 minutes ago, HammR25 said:

I doubt Al wants a Nintendo game in his store considering their history of C&Ds.

You are probably very correct. Right after I posted the question I remembered their history of going after anyone and everyone who published anything the big N had their name on. Although Popeye is coming DK is a N franchise title.  

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Joker0136 said:

I would love to have a copy of this game please let me know if it's still available.

See here for the developer's latest update on game availability (Posted below for convenience):

On 8/12/2022 at 1:49 PM, tep392 said:

I added this update to the first post.

8/12/2022 Update:

I have decided to stop selling the physical carts of this game. I'm out of the boards and don't have any interest in continuing to produce these in small quantities.  I will continue to offer the serialized A78 file for $10 to use on emulators or multicarts.  I have been working on Donkey Kong Remix (see my avatar) on/off for a few years and will hopefully finish it some day.  It's a nice enhancement of the original game with more screen variations to keep it interesting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Kelevance said:

This is phenomenal!

10 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

That is fantastic news,

No doubt! If you’re a fan of Donkey Kong, it doesn’t get any better than this game. Of course, DKPK works as well. 😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zonie said:

I think I posted this before, but if this was sold as a kit with the board, socket, chip, and labels...

That's how I got mine, but I'm not sure if tep392 has any left or does that any more. I essentially got the board, labels and manual. Soldered a POKEY onto the board and put it into a 7800 cart shell. Was a most pleasant and awesome transaction.

DKPK.thumb.jpg.5c0bb3a110ea5436097a1ad2433ef717.jpg

On 2/14/2024 at 8:43 AM, juansolo said:

That's how I got mine, but I'm not sure if tep392 has any left or does that any more. I essentially got the board, labels and manual. Soldered a POKEY onto the board and put it into a 7800 cart shell. Was a most pleasant and awesome transaction.

DKPK.thumb.jpg.5c0bb3a110ea5436097a1ad2433ef717.jpg

I thought he didn't want to do it that way... I did buy the rom for my concerto, but I'd love to have a cart.