IGNORED

Price Check: TI-99/4A lot

S1500

And now for another round of "What's it worth to you?"

TI beige console

another TI beige console with a missing key

Peripheral Expansion Box with the usual lot(parallel, serial, disk controller, 32K card)

1 SS/SD drive

Speech Synth boxcar

About 20 or so disks with the usual good user group offerings(Funnelweb & some games).

Extended Basic cartridge & a few other carts I can't remember.

Video modulator

Parts to make your own composite a/v cable I never got around to

A few other things(nothing special) I can't remember offhand(I'm at work)

I'm looking to sell this at MIdwest Gaming Classic as I don't have the time to butcher it to be a regular PC case or have any sort of fun with it.

What would be a price I could get for it? Not looking to flip it. Just want to sell 'er at a fair price.

I'd say the PEB is worth between $100 and $150, depending on condition and things like if it has dual double sided disk drives.

No offence intended, but the rest is basically worthless. What I mean is, the average TIer will have stacks of consoles in the cupboard/under the bed, and cartridges coming out of the walls. So you'll probably find a TIer will take the PEB (as a spare) but won't really care about the other stuff.

It's the PEB that is the attraction.

Just my 2 cents, of course!

Cheers

Mark

What I mean is, the average TIer will have stacks of consoles in the cupboard/under the bed, and cartridges coming out of the walls. So you'll probably find a TIer will take the PEB (as a spare) but won't really care about the other stuff.

I guess there's a few good men coming and going (leaving and joining the community), so someone getting into the TI-99/4A again, might pay a fair price for the lot. Especially if one can pick it up without driving for hours. If you can wait, then the right buyer may turn up.

;)

I figured(and understand) anything that is not the PEB wouldn't have much value at all. Heck, I would consider it just selling the PEB and throwing in the rest for free.

Never could find 2 half-height DS/DD drives(or even just 1 additional SS/SD drive) to add 'er in there and thus make the system more "hardcore". If I did, I would do some jerry rigging with an old PC power supply & get the ribbon cable rigged up to make it work.

Every year there seems to be a few PEBs at the TI Faire that are free, or nearly free, for the taking. People seem to bring gear and dump it at the show, then vanish. Someone goes home with piles of gear every year for sure. The biggest down-side to a PEB is the weight and cost to ship the thing. That can be a big deterrent to a would-be buyer.

Put it up in the marketplace and see if anyone is interested.

Every year there seems to be a few PEBs at the TI Faire that are free, or nearly free, for the taking. People seem to bring gear and dump it at the show, then vanish. Someone goes home with piles of gear every year for sure. The biggest down-side to a PEB is the weight and cost to ship the thing. That can be a big deterrent to a would-be buyer.

Put it up in the marketplace and see if anyone is interested.

Heck, I wouldn't mind finding a broken, gutted PEB to do my mad scientist casemod with(yes, I know it will attract haters, but...).

I have to put together & photograph my Atari 5200 lot since I want to sell that as well. Heck, put both the TI & 5200 setup as a gallery on here and post 'er on the Marketplace section.