IGNORED

Some of Rom Hustler's rom not work with Harmony?

Yurkie

I got my Harmony today and had to try a couple of my favorites. Space Invaders and Adventure. Space Invaders displayed with the bottom several lines cut off. Adventure colors where off. I delete these roms and loaded roms here on the AtariAge site and they work perfect. Has anyone else had problems with Rom Hustlers roms not working correctly with the Harmony cart?

It is Rom Hunter isn't it. Sorry about that I meant no disrespect.

Anyway has anyone had problems with any of the roms in V7.0?

I haven't even uploaded the V7.0 yet. One of these days, I will get around to it. Too many games...not enough time these days. :(

thanks Nikon , does this file contain hacks and homebrews as well?

There is no definitive collection of hacks and homebrews, but see the following threads:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/203218-all-atari-2600-hacks-as-of-september-2012/

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/144662-atari-2600-hacks-and-homebrews-rom-collection-v1-2/

Chris

Some rom download sites add garbage data to the end of ROMs. I've actually read the text strings in a hex editor before. Usually just a few bytes with the site url, info, or the name of whoever dumped the ROM. You can also try loading the file in Notepad by scrolling to the end to view the last few bytes, but Notepad can't handle binary data and will corrupt the file if you try to edit or save. Most emulators ignore this data, but flash carts such as Powerpak and Harmony sometimes expect an exact file size and apply the wrong mapper or otherwise cause the games to crash or not load properly. Most Atari VCS ROMs are 2048, 4096, 8192, or more rarely 16384 and up to 32768 bytes in filesize, but they are always exact powers of 2 in bytes.

Beyond Atarimania's great collection, I would like to know which roms don't work with the Harmony perfectly and which roms don't work at all.

I use the v.7 of Rom Hunter with all NTSC versions instead of PAL ones.

Escape from Mindmaster's final score has known glitches...

I think 32K rom is the limit for Harmony, I only have seen one game with more and it is Megaboy.

I didn't find Bobby is Going Home in the collection! Well, that's not related to the Harmony...