IGNORED

THIS JUST IN: Japanese computer frustrates Jess endlessly!

Jess Ragan

Are you guys familiar at all with the X68000? It's a computer designed by Sharp that was released only in Japan. As you would expect from a Japanese computer, the games are incredible, making the Amiga look downright sickly by comparison. Unfortunately, this also means that it's pretty obscure, making it extremely hard to locate games.

Now I know I shouldn't be begging for ROMs here, but I'm at my wit's end. None of the X68K emulation sites ever update, the one site dedicated to X68K ROM distribution shut down over a year ago, and even trips to Google and Emuchina aren't helping me find what I need. Where the heck are the games for this system?!

JR

P.S. By the way, if you're interested in playing the X68000, and you should be, you can find emulators, system files, and a small handful of games at this address:

http://www.jcec.co.uk/X68emu.htm

Someone posted an x68k flood on alt.binaries.emulators.misc a few years ago, and I archived it to CD. Unfortunately, I lost my CD catalog database in a recent hard disk crash and somehow I don't seem to have kept a backup anywhere (not that I'd be able to find it if I did.) But I'll certainly PM you if and when I find it.

For what it's worth, there's a TOSEC list out there for it which means a complete set of known dumps is bound to get posted somewhere around the net from time to time.

Rob

Although, looking at http://www.jcec.co.uk/X68list.htm , I'm not all that sure I have much more than what's on that page. I think I assumed at the time that it was a system with a very brief lifetime and the only games I remember actually playing on the emulator were Galaga 88, Ghouls'n'Ghosts and Pacmania.... maybe TNZS too....

Rob